Why can't I receive SMS after having my phone number ported ?

mcll
mcll Posts: 6 ✭✭
I ported my phone number from Fido a few hours ago and received the confirmation email / text message saying that everything was configured correctly. It seems like I can send / receive calls and send text messages, but I can't seem to be able to receive SMS. I can also use data.

Answers

• Perry Kirkpatrick
    Perry Kirkpatrick Posts: 4 ✭✭
    I ported my number today and have exactly the same situation. Everything works except I am not receiving any incoming SMS or MMS messages, although the Fizz text messages that Fizz sent to notify me of account settings did work. I had had several friends send me texts from both Android and iPhones. Please help.
  • gremiobr
    gremiobr Posts: 237 ✭✭
    Just wait a few hour more, if nothing happen, talk to fizz by chat or Facebook messenger
  • redhead
    redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭
    For the first time i also had trouble receiving texts today. Maybe their network?
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,643 ✭✭
    The texts are sent from other mobile phones or from companies for the 2-factor authentication?
    Maybe it is some problem since you are the second one reporting this problem.
  • Perry Kirkpatrick
    I had 3 friends sending me texts from both Android and iPhone phones. It is now 18 hours later and still no SMS or MMS texts have been delivered to my Fizz service. I don't know what you mean by the companies using 2 factor authentication. Just know I don't have a working text service.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,643 ✭✭

You are the second one reporting this problem, I will add third in this moment is not working for me too I am in MTL

Contact fizz, the chat will be available after 8am, https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-ordered-sim-card-but-havent-received-it-what-do-i-do
    Wait 15 seconds for the bubble icon to appear at the bottom right of the browser and click on the icon)
    Your can also send a message by facebook
    https://facebook.com/fizzca and click send a message (this is a bit slower)

• Perry Kirkpatrick
    I have sent Fizz a message on their Facebook page, hopefully they will get back to me and all of us having this issue. I was told by someone to leave my phone off for a few hours then try again. I did that but still no incoming text service. I am in Ottawa.
This discussion has been closed.