Difference of cable and fiber optic wifi speeds?

Options
Alex M. #2475
Alex M. #2475 Posts: 122 ✭✭
i currently have fibe internet with Bell. I know if i switch over to Fizz it will be cable. Can anyone tell me which one is more reliable fibe or cable when it comes to down time and speeds if i was to go with a 50mbps plan

Answers

• M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    Wifi speed is not impacted by internet type (cable or fiber). The Wifi speed is impacted by the router to which your devices are connected
  • DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
    Options
    It's always YMMV. You can't say band A car is more reliable than brand B car.
  • Sebastien
    Sebastien Posts: 2,127 ✭✭
    Options

Do not take DLS, it's not reliable. But Fibe and Cable are similar. I had both in my life and never have any issues.

For the Wifi, it's something else. It depends of where you are living. 5ghz better works for appartements, condos, cause they are less affected by interferences from other routers in the neibourhood. But the range of 2.4ghz is superior. It will work better for larger houses. And it's the same for any provider. Wifi is wifi. A good router will provide you a better experience. If you pay 25$ for a D-Link at Walmart, you'll get what you pay for...

This discussion has been closed.