cannot get my DLink router working?

imad S. #1712
imad S. #1712 Posts: 59 ✭✭
I'm not happy with the wifi speed I have with Fizz modem, so i'm trying yo use my DLink router but is is not seen when I connect it to the modem,always showing Inactive. I tried disabling residential gateway but I lost access to my modem with 192.168.0.1, anyone can help?

Answers

• GyslainH
    GyslainH Posts: 319 ✭✭
    Reset the fizz modem to factory default and then put it un bridge mode
    Put your dlinkmrouter wan port in dhcp and you should be fine
  • TheMMc
    TheMMc Posts: 489 ✭✭
    Plug your wifi router in the Fizz modem. Desactivate the wifi on your Fizz router. After plus an RJ45 in your router and configure your Dlink router. You should be able to make it work. If it doesn't try to update your routers and check if your cable if working.
  • Got Fizzed
    Got Fizzed Posts: 86 ✭✭
    You can just disable the WIFI on the Fizz Modem and plug in your DLINK on the lan port as a bridge. I've always used my router as the main source of WIFI and all my settings and changed ISP 3 times and all 3 times, just unplugging and plugging into the new Modem has worked for me...
    May be try to configure your router separately on a separate IP... if it was hardcoded to 192.168.0.1 conflicting with the Fizz default.
  • TheStealth
    TheStealth Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Hi,
    The best way to do what you want is as follows:
    1. Disable the gateway function and enable bridge mode (https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-i-use-my-own-wi-fi-router-fizz)
    2. Connect your D-Link WAN port to one of the ports on the back of the modem.
    3. To access the modem GUI while using your own router, use 192.168.100.1 instead.
This discussion has been closed.