Has anyone found a solution for the mms on Blackberry devices?

Options
Kevin T. #2800
Kevin T. #2800 Posts: 10 ✭✭
I've already ask Fizz themselves if they know about this situation but the only kind of solution they have is to tell me to configure the APN, which is different on a BBOS device than an IOS/Android device. I did put the APN (mobile.bm), but my Blackberry also has a username and a password for me to enter which Fizz don't give me or just don't have. They also say that if there is some other section that are blank to let them that way.
So here I am, I can't send nor receive any mms, either I'm on Wifi or LTE.

Answers

• M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    Have you tried to leave it blank and Authentication Type to None to see ?
  • Oury
    Oury Posts: 243 ✭✭
    Options
    Have you tried the apn's installed by the text messages?
    If not, you can have the messages resent if you go into your account click on manage your account and advanced settings, then click on fizz network parameters and resend text message.
  • Kevin T. #2800
    Options
    Well, the phone was originally blank where the APN is and I can't change the Authenticator type.
  • Kevin T. #2800
    Options
    I didn't know about the configuration with the text message, but I can't do it as when I click send on the advanced settings it shows an error message and nothing happens.
    I'll try that later tho.
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    I meant modify the APN as described by Fizz and leave the Username and Password blank and change the Authentication type to none
  • Kevin T. #2800
    Options
    As it is stated in my original question, the APN is set to "mobile.bm", the username and password are blank and I can't change the Authenticator type, which is set to none too.
  • GyslainH
    GyslainH Posts: 319 ✭✭
    Options
    Yeah the answer is don’t use a blackberry
    Hehe
  • Kevin T. #2800
    Options
    Haven't tried that yet!
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,101 admin
    Options
    Hello, Kevin!
    I'm sorry to say, but BBOS devices aren't currently supported by Fizz. Looks to me like you are more of a techie, so there may be some tinkering you could do to get some services working, but overall, customers are more likely to prefer an operating system they can plug and play. Best of luck with your endeavors, I'm curious if there could be a workaround.
    Respectfully,
    Jiri
  • Anne H. #1344
    Anne H. #1344 Posts: 648 ✭✭
    Options
    Upgrade to a better BB device with Android OS.