Can I port a 416 number to Fizz?

Options
Soheil S.
Soheil S. Posts: 6 ✭✭
Hi everybody,
A friend of mine is finally convinced to move from Bell to Fizz. He has been living here in MTL for couple of years, but he still has his old Toronto 416 number. We were wondering if we could port his 416 number to Fizz or not. And of course, he will be using his cell phone primarily in Montréal (Fizz/Videotron) network.
Did any of you port a number that is not primarily served by Videotron to Fizz?
Thank you,

Answers

• jean-maxime N.
    jean-maxime N. Posts: 504 ✭✭
    Options
    I think like Rene said , you could just try for 5$ ! :)
  • DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
    Options
    @Soheil S., that's not what I heard. I had a 647 number I want to port in very beginning but they said no to me many times. The workout I'm using is Get port number to Fongo and forward to Fizz. When I call out, people say my 343 ottawa number. People can reach me at 343 number or old 647 number (forwarded to same 343 number). FREE forwarding.
  • ReneD
    ReneD Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    Options
    @Soheil S.
    I hope you didn't get the same agent who told me I needed a Canada plan to use my phone in Gaspé.
    Please keep us in the loop about how it turns out for porting 416 # to Fizz.
    Chizz :))
  • Anne H. #1344
    Anne H. #1344 Posts: 648 ✭✭
    Options
    I highly doubt the answer you got from support person. I’m possitive it’s wrong answer.
  • Soheil S.
    Soheil S. Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options
    You were right guys! My friend ordered a SIM and tried porting his number. He got the message that he can not! Contacted the customer service and they said its not possible! Your number should be in the coverage zone!! its a shame!
    I trust more the community than the Fizz agents now!
This discussion has been closed.