Home internet huge installation fees ??

Options
hadrien D.
hadrien D. Posts: 7 ✭✭
Good morning,
Just got my modem / router installation yesterday for beta tester home internet. Took the free installation. (not the VIP one). Everything went smoothly. Except this morning when I had a look to my credit card statement. A 75$ fees from fizz for home internet "broadband subscription". What exactly is that ? Supposed to be free installation and it finally cost me 75$ am I alone in this situation?
Thank you.
Edit: add a screenshot with the detailed invoice.

Answers

• Serge R. #503
    Serge R. #503 Posts: 158 ✭✭
    Options
    As soon as a technican need to touch a coax cable for your modem to work, they charge you VIP install at 30$. But hey! Look at how much money you will save now! ;)
  • hadrien D.
    Options
    Serge, yes i am gonna save money but it is not the point here. Took the free installation and finally went to the vip just because he touched the modem ?
  • Serge R. #503
    Options
    During the order there is a place where it says they can charge you an install fee if the technician need to install a cable. Maybe that was outside your house/apartment.
  • Serge R. #503
    Options
    Also, the vip includes installation and configuration of the modem. So if he unboxed and connected the power cable to the modem for you, that’s a vip install..
  • hadrien D.
    Options
    Haha i might force him not to do so ? Little bit weird. The man is supposed to know I ask for a free installation right ? Anyway. 30$ get robbed. As you said i will now save money. So everything is ok....
  • Serge R. #503
    Options
    The tech don’t know Fizz prices or anything. He just scan the s/n on the modem itself, and he chose an option if he needed to install something. Try contacting Fizz and explain the situation they might do something for you. ;)
  • hadrien D.
    Options
    Ok thanks for the help Serge. :)
  • hadrien D.
    Options
    Ok thanks for the help Serge. :)
  • Johanne M. #358
    Johanne M. #358 Posts: 464 ✭✭
    Options
    Serge is right