How does the Voicemail upgrade work?

So I was able to add the VoiceMail upgrade to one of my upgrade slots. I have voicemail as part of my plan and on renewal, I was still charged $1 for voicemail. Am I supposed to get a discount of $1 or do I have to remove voicemail from my plan to take advantage of this upgrade?
I sent a complaint to Fizz already, but haven't heard back.

Answers

• Dallaire_M
    Dallaire_M Posts: 509 ✭✭
    I think you should remove from your plan since you add by an upgrade slot.
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    I think you should chat with them instead of create a complaint ticket
  • Kenny L. #23
    Kenny L. #23 Posts: 794 ✭✭
    Probably makes sense to removed the vm from your plan. Their system is probably not set up properly to handle both.
  • J D. #792
    J D. #792 Posts: 316 ✭✭
    Please let us know once you get a confirmation from CS. I'm interested to know too. What I thought was a 1$ credit to a plan that already have voicemail. I will probably do that when I get the voicemail upgrade.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,785 admin
    Hi,
    The voicemail feature should NOT be deactivated from your account once you add the free voicemail update. Without the voicemail added on your account (at 1$), you will not be able to use free voicemail upgrade.
    Luciana
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,785 admin
    Hello Kent,
    I can confirm you that you don't need to remove the voicemail from your plan. Once you activate the free voicemail upgrade, it will take effect at the start of your next payment cycle and it is valid for two years from the date you apply it to your plan.
    There is a ticket in progress this issue. Following the resolution, we will get back to you via e-mail.
    Cheers
    Ionut
This discussion has been closed.