RCS Messaging should not be delayed due to Fizz being a "low cost brand"

ynw93
ynw93 Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited October 5 in My Mobile

Fizz is the only flanker brand that has not received RCS messaging for iPhones under iOS 18.

Videotron should not be restricting this as they currently are offering support on their own network.

We know in the past Fizz has waited to bring features to their network but delaying this should not be an option, yes videotron you need to invest in servers with Fizz, why not just re-use the same ones you have set up on your own network…

Please Fizz push this sooner than later!

Answers

• BradDoell
    BradDoell Posts: 160 ✭✭
    edited October 1

Perhaps there is just not a strong demand for it.
    I use messages for my IOS conversations and WhatsApp when I have conversations with a combination of IOS and non IOS folks, so not having RCS enabled is not a big deal for me.

I see that you are not along in being a strong proponent of it. Is there an advantage to rcs over an app like WhatsApp?

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 714 ✭✭

It's available on Android through Google Messages but it's weird that it doesn't work on iOS.

They haven't updated their RCS FAQ page either as it still mentions only Android.

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 714 ✭✭

@BradDoell said:

Is there an advantage to rcs over an app like WhatsApp?

There isn't much of a difference if you're already using an E2E encrypted messenger like Signal.

Other than that, RCS requires an internet connection to send and receive messages so it isn't too different from your usual internet based messenger app.

• ynw93
    ynw93 Posts: 14 ✭✭

the advantage for iPhone users is that if you don’t want to rely on Facebook for your messaging platforms ie messenger or WhatsApp, you can have all the features of iMessage through RCS, and you can use wifi and not have to rely on cell service when sending high quality photos and videos to android phones

• wenhan
    wenhan Posts: 931 ✭✭

There is a difference. RCS chat with ios is not E2E encrypted. RCS chat with android is E2E encrypted. so RCS on ios is an inferior option than whatsapp if you want encryption. if its high quality pictures then no difference.

• BradDoell
    BradDoell Posts: 160 ✭✭

Thanks for the information folks.

I would prefer the simplicity of using IOS messages, but not having it is not a deal breaker for me.

Cheers,

Brad

• Gabriel94
    Gabriel94 Posts: 10 ✭✭

Fizz needs to move on this ASAP.

• Kadoxy
    Kadoxy Posts: 5 ✭✭

Still waiting for the update lol!

• Mark123_2024
    Mark123_2024 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭

We are all waiting for good news.

This discussion has been closed.