Why does Fizz give 4, 5, 6, etc $ off upgrades when they only allow 3 upgrade slots?

LoDown
LoDown Posts: 55 ✭✭
edited October 2 in My Mobile

I have been with Fizz from the beginning in 2018. Fizz keeps giving me $ off upgrades - I now have six of them, but I cannot use upgrade 4 to 6 because they only allow 3 Upgrade slots. What is the purpose of Fizz giving these "fake" upgrades?

Best Answer

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

There are 3 slots for each plan. So if you have 2 or more phone plans in the same account you can use other upgrades.

Answers

• Oli 64JKA
    Oli 64JKA Posts: 4,153 ✭✭
    edited September 29

Its because at the start the bonus where supposed to last for 24 months but it was changed to last forever.

• LoDown
    LoDown Posts: 55 ✭✭

Oli, if that is the case, then why do they still keep sending new ones. Shouldn't they stop sending emails to customers stating, "You received an upgrade!!!….only to find out it cannot be used?

• Oli 64JKA
    Oli 64JKA Posts: 4,153 ✭✭

They probably just removed the time limit and didnt bother revamping the system.

• Kejinsan CODE VB5UM
    Kejinsan CODE VB5UM Posts: 6,179 ✭✭

I'll keep it simple.

3 slots for mobile. ($3 at Level 9) for unlimited time

3 slots for Internet. ($6 at Level 6) for unlimited time

You have both services? Level 1 to 9 is useful.

You only have Internet? Level 1 to 6 is useful.

Level 10 is useless because there is only 3 slots.

The rest are pretty much useless.

• G225 code IRSGE
    G225 code IRSGE Posts: 2,020 ✭✭

Ya probably change. Take best 3 cards for you!

• whelal
    whelal Posts: 2
    Well, you can use the best 3 so 4 to 6 aren't necessarily useless/fake if they are better than the first 3.
  • jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 706 ✭✭
    edited September 30

As other users have mentioned, you can use the best upgrades for your plan.

You can open another plan under your account for a child or trusted friend as well (but you would be losing the referral bonuses).

Perks were supposed to expire in 24 months as well but they most likely realized that levelling up would take far longer than that to achieve the most desirable perks and most likely made them permanent without adjusting the rewards.

It is a bit of a chicken and egg scenario though where to unlock slots and perks you need to spend a lot or for a long time which can be achieved by bundling all your services, but during the first few years you won't have many perks to move around.

This discussion has been closed.