Galaxy Z Flip 6 or Motorola Razr+ (2024)

MOG
MOG Posts: 519 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to change my cell phone. I'm looking for something a little more compact and that's why I was looking between the Galaxy Z Flip 6 or the Motorola Razr+ 2024.

What do you think of these 2 cell phones?

Have you tried either of them? Pros and Cons?

Do you have any other suggestions?

Answers

• ablabla
    ablabla Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi there!

You're considering two great options in the Galaxy Z Flip 6 and the Motorola Razr+ 2024, especially if you're looking for a compact, foldable phone. I haven't tried both, but I’ve done some research and can share what I’ve gathered about them.

Galaxy Z Flip 6

Pros:

• Compact design: When folded, it easily fits in your pocket or bag.
    • Great performance: The phone is likely to have the latest Snapdragon processor, which means smooth multitasking.
    • Durability improvements: Samsung has been refining the hinge design with each version, and the Z Flip 6 will likely continue that trend.
    • Flex mode: The ability to use the phone partially folded for video calls, watching videos, or taking photos hands-free is a nice feature.

Cons:

• Battery life: Previous versions had somewhat average battery life, especially with heavy use.
    • Durability concerns: While improved, foldable screens still aren't as durable as traditional ones, so it's important to handle with care.

Motorola Razr+ 2024

Pros:

• Larger external display: The Razr+ typically has a bigger and more functional external display, allowing you to interact with notifications, messages, and apps without unfolding.
    • Sleek design: It has a premium feel and a slim profile, with a very nostalgic design that harks back to the original Razr.
    • Solid camera performance: Motorola has been upping its game in the camera department, which is a plus for mobile photography.

Cons:

• Software updates: Motorola's track record with timely software updates isn’t as good as Samsung’s, which might be important if you want the latest Android features quickly.
    • Price: Foldable phones in general are quite pricey, and this one may not be an exception.

Other Suggestions

• Google Pixel Fold: If you're open to slightly larger foldables, the Pixel Fold might be worth looking into for its stock Android experience and amazing camera.
    • Samsung Galaxy S23: If you're not set on a foldable but want a compact phone, the Galaxy S23 is small, powerful, and more traditional in design.

Ultimately, both the Z Flip 6 and the Razr+ offer excellent features in a compact foldable form. It may come down to personal preference between Samsung's more established foldable lineup and Motorola's unique features.

Good luck with your decision, and I’d love to hear what you end up choosing!

• Drividor
    Drividor Posts: 399 ✭✭

For a flip phone, i would choose a Samsung because they sold this type of phone first

• Drividor

They have this technology longer than Motorola too

• MOG

Yeah I saw lots of reviews on both and you summarize well the pros and cons.
    I'm looking more for insight of real usage. Day to day usage.

On my side, I really like the Moto design, the big screen when folded and the fact that you can still use apps when folded. On the other hand, the 3 years update compare to 7 for the samsung is not that great.

On the samsung side, pêrformance seems better and like I said it comes with a 7 years update.
    On the other hands on the folded screen, only widgets are available and I'm not much into that.

• MOG

Oh and other pros for Moto, I prefer having a UI that feel more like pure android (like pixel phones)

• ablabla
    ablabla Posts: 285 ✭✭

In your situation, I would choose the Samsung, but it 's personal

• MOG

They may have the technology longer yes but it doesn't mean it's better

• Drividor

They had more time to perfecting it. I went to Korea this year and the majority of people use the fold or the flip. Their Galaxy S24 or Note are not popular

• Wolframium42
    Wolframium42 Posts: 58 ✭✭

Personally I'd go with the Motorola. I'm a big fan of a more "Androidy" experience, and I don't like that Samsung tries to make you use their version of every app, like their own calendar instead of google calendar, their own wallet app instead of the google one, etc. It feels like less bloatware. I also am a big fan of Motorola's external display. However, if you've used Samsung's before and like them, there's no solid reason not to go with the flip.

• G225 code IRSGE
    G225 code IRSGE Posts: 1,824 ✭✭

From what I understand, Motorola is using the original version of Android?

• MOG

Yeah I prefer too a more "Androidy" experience. I never had a Samsung and you have good point about the apps.

• MOG

Motorola offers a near-stock Android experience with a few helpful customizations thrown in.

• MOG

For exemple, if you have a Pixel phone like I do (And I like), you won't be lost in the UI

• MOG

Yeah my heart is really for the Motorola, but the 3 years software update compared to 7 (Samsung) is not negligible.

That's why I was also searching for day to day usage feedback, in the real world!!

• Drividor

Samsung is begining to use the google's apps by default so maybe you will feel more Androidy. For now they use the google's message app and they will stop support for their samsung's message app

• G225 code IRSGE
    G225 code IRSGE Posts: 1,824 ✭✭

I would say that it depends more on the needs, camera, space, more battery etc. The price!

• Kejinsan CODE VB5UM
    Kejinsan CODE VB5UM Posts: 5,585 ✭✭

Samsung.

Why?

UI, Camera is top notch with AI technology, plenty of years of update. Samsung was always been in top 3 for mobile phones for a reason for its quality, reliability and software, always up to date with updates and offers many years for them. If you want a solid phone for a really long time for the Samsung. If it's for an year or two, you can pretty much choose the Motorola or anything. That's how good they are nowadays overall. It depends on how long would you want to keep it for.

Hope it helps you out and find the right one cheers mate