new

• AlexJS
    AlexJS Posts: 446 ✭✭
    Options

Oof — quite the changes ☹️

• zipilgrim
    zipilgrim Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Options

Disappointing price hike, most are more than double what they used to be. Hopefully there will still be special offers where prices are reduced, and the price reduction will stick if we keep the plan.

• jiyingss
    jiyingss Posts: 1,065 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for your sharing, now, it's good enough for my plan.I try to make some changes if needed

• Catchykyp
    Catchykyp Posts: 5
    Options
    I saw the 20Gb plan for 29$ and tried to purchased it yesterday. Order didnt work. I went back on Fizz website and saw the price went up. 29$ plan is now 39$. Might have to wait for it to go back down and stay with my actual phone carrier ..

Support does not respond in the chat. Stuck with the bot.
  • kaitokun
    kaitokun Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Options
    Not good for Quebec. :(
  • Catchykyp
    Catchykyp Posts: 5
    Options
    Very disappointed. I tried to purchased the 20Gb plan for 29 $ just yesterday. I had problem with the website. It couldnt let me order the plan and was crashing. I was stuck in a loop.

I went back today and saw the price change. What was 29$ is now at 39$. Might have to stay with my current phone carrier instead. I tried to contact support but the bot isnt transfering me at all.
  • elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 5,091 ✭✭
    Options

In a couple of weeks Fizz is going to modify their price, and probably you will get an even better opportunity

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,494 ✭✭
    Options

Price will certainly decrease soon... They always go up and down overtime

• Liwei
    Liwei Posts: 288 ✭✭
    Options

I understand that the discounts come and go, but it would have been nice to know when they end

• elena code xzi4t
    Options
  • Liwei
    Liwei Posts: 288 ✭✭
    Options

It's basically the same thing, just called differently

• elena code xzi4t
    Options

For me no. If the price of a good or service is tied to a specific timeframe, it's usually a special offer. These offers are typically priced lower than the regular price to incentivize customers to buy within that time limit.

A regular price, doesn't have a timeframe in order to get the price, and yes can change over time.

• Luc D. 50820
    Luc D. 50820 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I tried to change for 20GB for 29$ when it came down last month, it said it worked, but it didn't… I switched internet provider from Fizz because of bad service, I'm considering swithing my family mobiles too…

• Mark123_2024
    Mark123_2024 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭
    Options

You don't have the confirmation for the change you made?

• Luc D. 50820
    Luc D. 50820 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I thought I did, but I cannot find it now, but I can swear I made the change to 20GB and got the confirmation on the web page that the change was done.

• Marc C. #25322
    Marc C. #25322 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Bad decision for Fizz to increase Quebec prices while at the same time offer lower than ever prices in Ontario.

Why would anyone pay $39 for 20GB of 4G data Canada only when they can get 50GB 5G Canada/USA for the same price or lower with other carriers like Freedom Mobile.

If we stay with 4G speed, Public Mobile has a $29 plan with 40GB.

I don't know what the people at the top of Fizz (Videotron) were thinking, but they clearly didn't look at the competition before increasing their prices. Fizz is good. But not THAT good.

If they don't reverse course, I could see them losing more than a few potential new members. While the old users get to keep their prices (for now anyway).

• Mark123_2024
    Options

It looks like they don't need new clients in Quebec for the moment.

• kaitokun
    Options

Yea I was thinking the same thing. I thought fizz is supposed to be competitive but at the current prices for quebec, there are better offers.

• Mark123_2024
    Options
  • BradDoell
    BradDoell Posts: 3
    Options
    > @Marc C. #25322 said:
    > Bad decision for Fizz to increase Quebec prices while at the same time offer lower than ever prices in Ontario.
    > Why would anyone pay $39 for 20GB of 4G data Canada only when they can get 50GB 5G Canada/USA for the same price or lower with other carriers like Freedom Mobile.
    > If we stay with 4G speed, Public Mobile has a $29 plan with 40GB.
    > I don't know what the people at the top of Fizz (Videotron) were thinking, but they clearly didn't look at the competition before increasing their prices. Fizz is good. But not THAT good.
    > If they don't reverse course, I could see them losing more than a few potential new members. While the old users get to keep their prices (for now anyway).

It seems to me that Fizz and Freedom are both owned by Quebecor?
  • wenhan
    wenhan Posts: 78 ✭✭
    Options
    > @Marc C. #25322 said:
    > Bad decision for Fizz to increase Quebec prices while at the same time offer lower than ever prices in Ontario.
    > Why would anyone pay $39 for 20GB of 4G data Canada only when they can get 50GB 5G Canada/USA for the same price or lower with other carriers like Freedom Mobile.
    > If we stay with 4G speed, Public Mobile has a $29 plan with 40GB.
    > I don't know what the people at the top of Fizz (Videotron) were thinking, but they clearly didn't look at the competition before increasing their prices. Fizz is good. But not THAT good.
    > If they don't reverse course, I could see them losing more than a few potential new members. While the old users get to keep their prices (for now anyway).

Quebec was their first province. With price allowed to stay the same for old customers, they aren't worried about retention. At this point, it is likely very difficult to attract new customers in that market. Elsewhere, Fizz is just expanding into all the other provinces. It makes a lot of sense to capture as much of the market share as they can in these new areas.
  • kaitokun
    Options

But still it doesn't make sense why they would increase. Sure they already have a lot of subscribers in quebec, but they might still get a few more people to sign up. Would it overload their network if too many people sign up? Hmm...

• Mark123_2024
    Options

You don't know how many people would their network support.

• Soma
    Soma Posts: 77 ✭✭
    Options

Disappointed with QC pricing right now as I'm trying to move family over to Fizz