Getting charged more monthly than what was agreed up

Options
Cory M.
Cory M. Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited December 2023 in My Mobile

I decided to change my plan with the new offering of more data and the total came out to $45.20 taxes included. I just received an email saying that once the new billing starts I will be charged $50.85. I have the original email stating what was agreed to and I'm surprised at this new amount.

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,269 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Cory M.

Check your service agreement, there you will find all the right information

You can always chat with the support, or open a ticket => Your acocunt -> Settings -> Contact forms

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

Answers

• Cory M.
    Cory M. Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Great thank you for your help!

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

It sounds like there's been a discrepancy between the initial price you were quoted for your new plan and the amount mentioned in the latest email. Here's what you can do to resolve this:

1. Review the Details: First, double-check both emails and your Fizz account details. Look for any additional charges or changes that might have been applied after your initial plan change. Sometimes, extra fees or changes in tax rates can affect the final amount.
    2. Compare Promotions or Discounts: If there was a promotion or discount applied to your original plan change, ensure that it's still reflected in the new amount. Promotions can sometimes have conditions that might affect their applicability.
    3. Contact Fizz Support: Since there's a clear difference in the amounts, the best course of action is to contact Fizz customer support. You can do this through the chat on their website, via the contact form, or through their social media channels. When you contact them, explain the situation and provide them with the details from both emails. It's helpful to have your account information and any relevant screenshots ready.
    4. Document Everything: Keep records of all your communications with Fizz, including the original plan change confirmation and any correspondence regarding the new charge. This will be useful if there are further discrepancies or if the issue needs to be escalated.
  • wayne
    wayne Posts: 251 ✭✭
    Options

this seems pretty strange

• Kiana
    Kiana Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

I believe there is some charges for 911 and similar items, you can see the details in your agreement.

This discussion has been closed.