Quebec only plans work on ottawa

Options
mwong
mwong Posts: 88 ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Welcome and join

Quebec only plans work on ottawa. Both data and call. Call only works with Ottawa area 613/343 numbers. NOT Kingston or other non-ottawa 613 numbers

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,111 ✭✭
    Options

The Quebec plan is working only for the Ottawa region

• mwong
    Options

It changed, at least for data. Works in Toronto too. It roams on freedom on Toronto

• authorone
    authorone Posts: 97 ✭✭
    Options

yes, I live in Gatineau, have a phone number with 613 .... because I lived in Ottawa before and this was another reason I moved to Fizz ... :) with Quebec only plan, when I drive over the bridge to Ottawa, to make sure I have coverage ...

• Marcfizz
    Marcfizz Posts: 2
    Options
    Yep ! Worked in Ottawa for me too
  • snow_code_ROZ9N
    snow_code_ROZ9N Posts: 95 ✭✭
    Options

Good to know that. Not sure how long we can keep Fizz service if we travel to Toronto for more than 3 months.

• mwong
    Options

As long as you want, as I can tell. It works on freedom mobile network just fine

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

That's a useful piece of information for anyone considering Fizz's Quebec-only plans but living in or frequently visiting Ottawa. Fizz's coverage and plan features can be quite specific, so understanding these details is important:

1. Quebec-Only Plans in Ottawa: The fact that Quebec-only plans work in Ottawa for both data and calls is beneficial for those who live near the Quebec-Ontario border or travel between these areas frequently.
    2. Call Limitations: The limitation that calls only work with Ottawa area codes (613/343) and not other areas like Kingston, even though they share the 613 area code, is an important detail to keep in mind. This can affect your ability to make calls if you travel outside of the Ottawa area but still within Ontario.
    3. Network Coverage and Roaming: Understanding how Fizz handles network coverage and roaming in border areas like Ottawa is crucial. It's always a good idea to check the network coverage maps and the specific terms of the plan to ensure it meets your needs.
    4. Plan Selection: This information is particularly helpful for those who are deciding between a Quebec-only plan and a Canada-wide plan. If your primary area of activity includes both Quebec and Ottawa, a Quebec-only plan might be sufficient.

This discussion has been closed.