Wifi (2.4G light) is not working/turning on even after factory reset

Options
Stevie
Stevie Posts: 1
edited October 2023 in Internet
Hi,

I just got a new modem from Fizz for a new home internet. After I start the setup, the top 4 lights are on like normal but the 5th light that is supposed to be on which is the 2.4G light is off. I can't find the wifi SSID in the list of available wifi.

Even after factory resetting many times, the same issue happens every time. Still can't find the SSID in the list of wifi, and the 2.4G light is off.

However, if I plug a computer to the modem with Ethernet, it works. I am able to do the Easy-Connect setup. But then I only have internet with cable connection. The wifi still doesn't work and I need it.

I shared an image of the modem lights and an image showing that my "Residential Gateway Function" is Enabled.

Could it be that I received a defective modem? Any help is appreciated please. :disappointed:

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,110 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Stevie

With the PC connected to the modem try to connect to the interface and verify the wifi configuration

You can also adjust band steering using Fizz Wi-Fi modem user interface:

1) Open a web browser on any device and navigate to: 192.168.0.1

2) Connect using the following information:

• Username: cusadmin
    • Password: xxxxxxxx (enter the new password you selected during initial configuration)

3) Navigate to to the following section to make any changes:

Wireless ->Advanced -> 2.4 Ghz or 5Ghz

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

Answers

• vanigh
    vanigh Posts: 328 ✭✭
    Options

Hello Stevie

As far as I know the last light will start blinking once you attach RG45 to your computer or router.

• authorone
    authorone Posts: 97 ✭✭
    Options

Verify the filtering status to see if MAC address filtering is active. It may be stopping your device from joining the 2.4GHz network if you have it enabled and set.

Simply disable MAC filtering to test connectivity.

Click the Save Changes button to save your new MAC Address Filtering preferences

This discussion has been closed.