Why we have fizz forum?

Options
elena code xzi4t
elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,705 ✭✭

It has only been a couple of days since I arrived here, but I was already reading the forum before becoming a customer.

I've been going through the forum responses, and the majority of them advise contacting support. Some are completely unrelated to the topic, some are incorrect, and others, like mine, are meant to score points.

I've also noticed posts that are closed without providing any real answers, just directing users to contact support.

Am I using the forum solely to accumulate points and advance to the next level? Is that its intended purpose?

If I encounter a problem in the future, will I really have to waste time posting here only to be told to chat with support?

I am happy making points, but sometimes I also like to understand things

ps We are making points answering 😀

Comments

• elena code xzi4t
    Options

Can I make my first fast answer?

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,441 ✭✭
    Options

Since Fizz has only a chat-based customer support and I believe they are understaffed since assistance sometimes require longer times, the community in the forum will help the users that have quite basic issues that don't need technical support.

... and to earn points too...

• elena code xzi4t
    Options

I like the idea to post for points, for the answers  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ not really everybody is copying each other multiple times, sometime the answer they don't make sense. But the points are welcome

• uzedia
    uzedia Posts: 1,202 ✭✭
    Options

Of course, most of us want to score points, and I agree, sometimes the answers are pointless (mine not excluded). But it's nice to help someone else or learn from others asking questions, trying to figure something out together. At least you don't feel alone out there in the Fizz universe.

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

Well said uzedia... your comment is really on point!

• E S.
    E S. Posts: 409 ✭✭
    Options

You really don't know why this place exists? Because the point system keeps people addicted to posting and it's self-serving... instead of hiring more tech support and paying $ salaries, so the company relies on all these posts to answer questions for free...

• Amanda D. #39661
    Amanda D. #39661 Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Options

Definitely posting to earn points 😅

• authorone
    authorone Posts: 97 ✭✭
    Options

I like the idea of anything being online and doing most of the part yourself and using the support as last option .... is like when you buy a desk, furniture store give it to you in a cartoon box and you have to assemble it yourself at home based on some paper instructions included ... if you know how to do it , OK, if not, you have to pay someone else to do it for you ... and here the support comes in ...

• authorone
    authorone Posts: 97 ✭✭
    Options

For me , reading questions and answers on this forum, gives me a better view on the environment of our provider Fizz, makes me feel I'm part of this micro universe :)

• swatt
    swatt Posts: 3,555 ✭✭
    Options

Yes, we can learn a lot with questions and answers on the forum.

• zipilgrim
    zipilgrim Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Options

I sometimes get annoyed when I am also interested in the question, and see the answer is unhelpful and the topic immediately closed afterwards. But sometimes the answers are helpful, even in topics that I don't start myself. I posted in the VoLTE topic to try and clarify things and learned some very useful info there, from other users, not to mention the suggestions did end up helping me in the end. As others have mentioned it's also nice to feel like a community of users, I don't think I've ever had this with any other product or service I've used, eventually you even start recognizing some of the names.

I wish the points worked differently, the system does encourage spamming posts as much as possible, but what can you do. If you can't fight it, join it!

• Pascal
    Pascal Posts: 6,008 ✭✭
    edited January 9
    Options

To the beginning, Fizz crated La foire aux discussions! I don’t remember therme in english! They crated this for helping customers support to not be flooded by questions.. Sometimes we have a small issue can be solved by a simple discussion

• Patricia C5YQZ
    Patricia C5YQZ Posts: 2,705 ✭✭
    Options

The forum is there for helping people ask for some help ! But the first reason of helper he's here for making pts

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

Mostly to earn points, but also to give/get some help for issues with easy fix...