What do I do : it says incorrect password when I enter what's provided on my modem.

Options
kathy_mula1234
kathy_mula1234 Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited August 2023 in Internet

Just activated the modem. Downloaded the application. All the lights are on (as per what's listed in the manual that's provided).

both my phone and my computer say the password is incorrect. Has anyone else experienced this?

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,106 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @kathy_mula1234

Wait 15 minutes before try to connect on it

During the first 15-20 mins the modem is doing all kind of updates and configuration

Activate your modem (if applicable*)

You should see a tile with your order details in the Overview section. If not, go to My settings ­>­­ Order history.  

Activate your modem. It will then switch to the speed associated with your plan.  

*If an installation appointment with a technician was scheduled with your Home Internet order, this step does NOT apply to you. 

Write down your modem’s info
    Locate the network name (Default Wi-Fi Network) and password (Default Key) printed on the back of your Wi-Fi modem. Make sure not to confuse similar characters such as O and 0, as well as I and 1.

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 4,009 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

The modern is doing updates, please wait for 15-20 minutes... If not you can consider resetting your Wi-Fi modem to its factory settings, and restart again the process👇

IMPORTANT: This will reset any changes that have been made to your Wi-Fi modem settings to date. You may also need to reconfigure your devices’ Wi-Fi settings (network name, password, etc.).

Using a small, sharp object, press the modem’s reset button for 10 seconds.

Once your modem has restarted ( after about 15 - 20 minutes ), follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it.

Reminder: The default username (Default Wi-Fi network) and password (Default key) for your Wi-Fi network are written on a sticker on the back of your Wi-Fi modem.

Try manually selecting different Wi-Fi channels on your modem:

A series of channels are available on each frequency (2.4 and 5 GHz) of your Wi-Fi modem. Interference can have an impact on these channels.

Manually changing the channels used for your Wi-Fi connection can improve your modem’s signal. ... 

Choose a channel that’s far from the one your modem currently uses, and test it for a few days to see whether things improve or not. Ex. Go from channel 6 to 11. Or, from channel 6 to 1:

Option 1: With the Fizz Wi-Fi app.

1. Once in the app, choose My Wi-Fi.

2. Select your Wi-Fi network.

3. Select Advanced settings.

4. You’ll see Wi-Fi 2.4 and Wi-Fi 5. Select a different channel for each frequency

Option 2: With a browser.

1. Connect to your Wi-Fi network. 

2. Open the browser on any device, and enter the address 192.168.0.1

3. Log in using these credentials:

Username: cusadmin

Password: (Enter your password, the one you chose when you initially configured your network)

4. In the green bar, select Wireless.

5. Then select:

Basic settings

5 GHz and/or 2.4 GHz

Wireless channel

6. Select a different channel.

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it#6

If in doubt you can always consult with the customer support: https://fizz.ca/en/support

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

you must follow lowercase uppercase letters and the letter o and digits 0

• Jess_i88b6
    Options
  • Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Options

if it still works you can contact the green bubble support at the bottom right https://fizz.ca/en/support

• kathy_mula1234
    Options

@Sébastien code ZXEL1 I have been waiting for 30 minutes to speak with someone through their green chat.

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    edited July 2023
    Options
  • kathy_mula1234
    Options

On my account it says the wifi is active (the modem has been activated). It just won't connect with the password provided. I have entered it at least a dozen times respecting the upper/lower case.

The modem has reset it self automatically as the manual states it would. Still no luck

• kathy_mula1234
    Options

attend - ça va prendre 3 semaine avant d'avoir une réponse?! Je viens de recevoir le modem cet après-midi... J'ai suivi toutes les instructions

• Jess_i88b6
    edited July 2023
    Options

He meant that it is three weeks that the support is slow for some reason.

Can you try to connect to the modem with a computer and a ethernet cable? If you can do, with the browser go to 192.168.0.1

Is the name of the wifi start with Fizz or Coda?

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    edited July 2023
    Options
    he probably did an update, a reset on his own, I don't think

Reset your Wi-Fi modem to its factory settings
    1. IMPORTANT: This will reset any changes that have been made to your Wi-Fi modem settings to date. You may also need to reconfigure your devices’ Wi-Fi settings (network name, password, etc.).
    3. Using a small, sharp object, press the modem’s reset button for 10 seconds.
    4. Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it.
    6. Reminder: The default username (Default Wi-Fi network) and password (Default key) for your Wi-Fi network are written on a sticker on the back of your Wi-Fi modem.

• Jess_i88b6
    Options

I will leave to them, we cannot repeat the same thing over and over, and you will not understand anything

• AK20230110
    Options

Pomal is working, there in the picture, default wifi ✔️ default key✔️

• AK20230110
    Options

Normalement is working, maybe they should contact support if the is a error.

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,763 ✭✭
    Options

I need to go back to school; it was not clear to me. Thank you.

• Hrair
    Hrair Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

I had a similar issue where I thought the lower case "L" was an uppercase "i" or a 1. Try that

This discussion has been closed.