How can I get my number back ?

Options
Twistye
Twistye Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited July 2023 in Welcome and join

I got a Fizz Sim Card recently, but I missed the SMS when I tried to transfer my number. So now my number is in pending and I’m wondering how I can get it back since I’m trying to go back with my old provider. I don’t have any plan with Fizz for now.

thank you.

Best Answer

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,971 ✭✭
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

If I understand it correctly, you changed your mind to transfer your phone number to Fizz. In this case as you didn't confirm the transfer by SMS, theoretically it should not be completed and cancelled. You should continue to use your phone number with the old provider normally if you didn't unsubscribe already. Try to reach out to your old provider to confirm.

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,337 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @Twistye

You should retry the procedure

2. The transfer authorization request sent by text was not approved or answered on time.

When you activate your SIM card and request to transfer your number over to Fizz, your current provider will send you by text a transfer authorization request to confirm your wish to transfer this number. Failure to answer this authorization request, or if the request is denied, means that your transfer will be waiting for an action from you. You must then submit a new request using the link found in the notification posted in your Fizz account or pursue your Fizz activation by choosing a new number.

The transfer authorization request sent by text by your current provider must be answered by the set deadline. If not, it will be automatically cancelled, and you’ll have to submit a new request.

If you haven’t received the transfer authorization request, you'll need to contact your current provider directly to adress the issue.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-having-problems-transferring-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz-why-what-can-i-do

Very important, don't unsubscribe the previous provider

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 7,070 ✭✭
    Options

if you are able to use your phone, you are still with your old mobile provider. you can repeat the procedure to change to Fizz

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,573 ✭✭
    Options

Is your old plan (and the phone number) still active with the old provider?

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭
    Options

Better restart the procedure.

• Slalery
    Slalery Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Try with a new SIM card if repeating the procedure doesn’t resolve the problem.

This discussion has been closed.