calls in the US

Options
FZT
FZT Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited August 2022 in About my account

I am currently in the US and need to receive calls from canada but with Fizz I can't, can you tell me if I can do anything about it ?

Best Answer

• ah727
    ah727 Posts: 805 ✭✭
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

@FZT

Even if data transmission is available, If you can't make calls, then you can't receive calls either, because the calls network is not available.

If you are waiting for a call from a friend or family, they could still get in touch with you through social networking apps like Messenger, FaceTime, Google Duo, or Skype.

Skype can call land phones, so if you call someone using Skype, that person could return your call using Skype also as long as he has the Skype app installed. If it's a mobile phone number, and you have already set up your caller's cellphone number in your Google Contacts app, that person could call you back using Google Duo app.

I know it complicates call receiving, and it is unfortunate that VoLTE is not available for most Fizz users yet. And this is why it is recommended that you set up a B plan for calls before crossing the US border.

If you want to try connecting to T-Mobile instead of AT&T, in some areas, T-Mobile still has 2G networks. Worth a try.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.