Internet still lagging

Theresa
Theresa Posts: 32 ✭✭

The internet is lagging and I am unable to work smoothly  

restarted the router several times

did the troubleshooting

I did not have issues when I received Fizz 2 months ago, yesterday I updated the internet to 30 Mm to have it quicker, it worked for a while and now it is constantly not working for specific sites

Your connection was interrupted

A network change was detected.ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED

Answers

• Antoine_ref_KSA15
    Antoine_ref_KSA15 Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi @Theresa,

Are you using google chrome ? Have you tried another browser ?

• Theresa

safari

google chrome

both browser cause the same issue

• Antoine_ref_KSA15
    edited April 2022

@Theresa

Is your compture connected to both cable and Wifi ? Your connection may be flickering between wire and wireless and causing the problem.

• Theresa

I use only wifi

I don t have a cable.

• Antoine_ref_KSA15

@Theresa

Ok. Maybe your computer is trying to connect to two different networks. Here is how to forget a network on Mac:

1. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Network.
    2. Select Wi-Fi in the list on the left.
    3. The Wi-Fi pane shows a Preferred Networks list. Select the Wi-Fi network that you want your Mac to forget.
    4. Click the Advanced button.
    5. Click OK.
    6. Click Apply.
    7. Click the remove button (–) beneath the list. If you're asked to confirm, click Remove.

• Theresa

I just did this

Thanks for your help. Let's see if this works.

• Theresa

it helps a bit but the company's tool provide still the same error message (I reported it to the company already)

this is the message that I receive:

Your connection was interrupted

A network change was detected.ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭

@Theresa

Hi Theresa,

you can try a factory reset of your modem, thus resetting the modem to factory conditions, by pressing and holding in the small button on the back of the modem with a thin, pointed object, for 10+ seconds. Then wait a few minutes until all lights are on and the update is complete. 

Then you'll have to open your web browser and then a "Easy-Connect" page by Fizz will appear and ask you to re-enter the name of the network and also the password. This operation, when you try to reconnect to your network, is more efficient when your device is directly connected to the modem, but you can also do it without a cable. It'll be as you did it when you first installed it.

The network name used, if you do the manoeuvre directly connected to the modem with the (RJ45) Ethernet cable provided by Fizz, will be created by you, as will the password, since the modem will have been reinitialized.

However, if you do the operation without the cable, you will need to use the codes shown on the modem to be able to access wi-fi first... 

• Ajaykumar
    Ajaykumar Posts: 79 ✭✭

May be the channel your wifi is using is used by other wifi may cause radio frequency to cause noise. try changing your wifi channel that no one is using

• Theresa

Thanks Dapfizzer, Ajaykumar and Antoine for your support!

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭

@Theresa

You're welcome!