What step of the subscription process is considered as the referral date?

Options
Marc-Julien L.
Marc-Julien L. Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Welcome and join

Hi,

I'm thinking of referring my girlfriend to Fizz. The special referral offer of $50 is valid until January 12th (inclusively). Today we're the 11th, and I want to check if we will be able to get the special referral offer if she starts the subscription process today the 11th or tomorrow the 12th.

So let's say she begins the subscription process today. I guess she will have to choose a plan, order a sim card, and pay for the sim card. Is it at that moment that the referral date will be used? Or will she have to wait to get the sim card (which takes 2 business days), and then proceed with the next steps, and only at that time will the referral date be used, which will be after January 12th?

And once she receives the sim card, how long does she have before she can activate it? Let's say she receives the card on January 14th, can she activate it on January 26th (when her current mobile contract ends)? And will her first billing day be on the date at which she activates the sim card?

Thank you for your help.

Best Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Marc-Julien L.

If it activates the code, and therefore chooses a plan, until the SIM card has been activated, that plan cannot be activated. So, as long as the code is activated before the deadline, it will be effective on the plan when it is also effective.

Also, as you mentioned, the date on which you activate your SIM card is the anniversary date for your mobile plan, and this date marks the start of your payment cycle each month.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-payment-cycles-work

• Dapfizzer
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

@Marc-Julien L.

My bad, sorry, I am very uncomfortable with this error since it is for the Internet service that this way of doing things seems to work now. : (

The usual amount for the referral bonus is $25 for both the Fizz member and the person they invite, but this amount can vary based on the activation date. More specifically:

• for a mobile plan, the date at which the person who was invited activates their SIM card.
    • for a Home Internet plan, the date at which the person who was invited subscribed and chose their installation appointment.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-invite-friends-to-join-fizz

• Marc-Julien L.
    Answer ✓
    Options

According to the articles linked at the bottom of this post, the referral is asked at the time of the activation of the SIM Card:

But, I tried Simulating a sim card order, and the referral code was asked at that time:

So people here say it's at the time the sim card is ordered, Fizz support say it's at the time of the activation, and when I try to simulate a sim card order, the referral is asked at that time. All those contradicting answers make me wonder if the referral might be asked a second time later in the process. it's seems like it's anyone's guess at this point and it is frustrating.

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-invite-friends-to-join-fizz#2

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-subscribe-to-fizz

Why is it so complicated to have clear documented rules and steps..

Thanks everyone for trying to help.

• DarkC
    DarkC Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Having lived that situation recently. even though the referral code is asked when you ORDER the SIM Card, this date is irelevant to them. You will get the referral bonus on the first service you ACTIVATE.

Activation is either when you order Internet and take set your installation date OR when you activate your SIM card after receiving it.

I got burned because I entered the referral code on ordering my sim card but not when confirming my internet installation at the same time and then confirming my referral code on SIM card activation and my rebate was denied... So the first service activated was internet (although I argued that I ordered the SIM card first) but they confirmed to me that for mobile services, the activation is only when you ACTIVATE your SIM card.

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    edited January 2022
    Options

@Marc-Julien L.

Hi,

if the procedure is started today or tomorrow, and the order of the plan is completed, the referral code validated, do not worry it'll be ok. : )

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Options

Hello, as others have pointed out, as long as the code is activated on by the deadline it should be accepted. You should both receive the referral bonus' after two months of having been a customer. BTW, all the carriers have referral bonuses so I would expect Fizz to continue with the same or similar referral bonus, it needs to grow its subscriber base to grow its network in QC and partner network elsewhere and be competitive with other providers.

• Marc-Julien L.
    Options

Thanks for the answers guys. On twitter, Fizz support gave me a contradictive answer to the answers posted here : "The referral can only be attached when you activate a SIM card".. So which one is it.. 😕

• Philemon24
    Philemon24 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭
    Options
  • RyHi
    RyHi Posts: 150 ✭✭
    Options

When you activate the SIM.

You don't need to order a SIM if you want there is this option: 'Along with the UQAM COOPs, a total of 440 Couche-Tard stores in the Greater Montreal area, including North and South shores, and Quebec area,

with Fizz SIM cards waiting for you at the cash. '

There is a map here: https://fizz.ca/en/sim-card

This discussion has been closed.