Can’t receive phone calls

Options
Cloe_h
Cloe_h Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited January 2022 in My Mobile

Hi, my family is telling me that my phone number is not working… i tried everything in the FAQ section and still not working. Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• shao3m
    shao3m Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Options

The only thing I can think of is maybe your 3G (HSPA) reception is not good, compared to your LTE coverage. The phone needs to switch from LTE to HSPA or UMDA when you make or receive a call.

When you make a call, how long does it take before it starts ringing? Do you need to wait a while?

Why don't you switch to 3G (Settings > Connections > Mobile Network > Network mode [Android]) and choose WCDMA/GSM. If you have Android, Network Cell Info Lite is a great app for looking at network information.

As you can see, in my apartment, I can't always get 3G, and it connected to 2G when I set it to WCDMA/GSM, and it's a Rogers tower, at that.

While I was writing this, it switched to 3G. But my point is that, I too, sometimes have trouble getting calls. Sometimes, if I am waiting for a call, I will leave it on WCDMA/GSM if I'm in the apartment - so the phone is either already connected to 3G or 2G (both can make calls - 4G voice on Fizz [VoLTE] isn't yet a thing). You can see, however that the 3G signal is worse than the 2G signal.

Sometimes if it's a very important call that I can't miss, I'll set it to GSM only, so that it doesn't try to use the lesser 3G signal and uses the 2G signal. The phone will always prioritize 3G over 2G, so when receiving a call, it can take a while to switch networks if the signal isn't good.

If you need help with an iPhone for the settings, let me know and I'll go through it with you. I don't believe that you can choose GSM (2G) on an iPhone, only turn off LTE.

Good luck, and let me know if you need more guidance.

• brouleau21
    brouleau21 Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options

Did you changed your provider recently?

If you did, did you wait for the text message from your old provider before switching your SIM card?

If you did not wait, the transfer was never done and re-inserting your old SIM should make it work. then you will need to conatct constumer service to perform the switch properly.

If you did not switch provider and it is a new problem, then Dapfizzer has the best answer and you need to conatct costumer service.

You can also do it on Facebook: https://facebook.com/fizzca.

-By private message on Twitter : https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

-Whatsapp : (438) 393-5814

Happy new year and good luck!

• Emanuele
    Emanuele Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Options

It happened to me as well, I just waited one day after asking the chat service and it went back to normal

This discussion has been closed.