Why cant I call or send SMS to one of my contact

Nancy C. #21628
Nancy C. #21628 Posts: 9 ✭✭

Hello all, I need help.

I'm trying to send sms to one of my friend but it does not Deliver, however I can receive his sms...

I told him to check if he blocked by mistake, he made sure I wasn't.

Also When I call him, it does 2 beep and then nothing.

He told me he changed his phone recently so I don't know if it has anything to do with my problem.

Answers

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭

Did either of you recently change service ? Did they change providers in the last day or 2 ? If so, then it might be a routing issue which is still not complete. When going from one provider to another (especially if there is a number porting/transfer), it can take 24hrs to get all the backend stuff sorted out.

• Nancy C. #21628

None of us has change provider. He has been with videotron for a long time and I with fizz for more than a year.

• Emporium

If you have an android phone, in the SMS app, go into the settings (usually top right, 3 dots or so), and disable the "chat" features. I've seen that interfere with many providers.

• Nancy C. #21628

I own an Iphone. Is there a similar option for Iphone as well ?

• Emporium

I do not own an iphone so I can't comment, sorry.

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭
    Enter the number manually
    1. Try sending your text message without using your contacts list.
    2. A contact on your phone may have been modified or corrupted by a system update or software bug.

3. Try sending your message by manually entering the recipient's phone number using your keypad.
    4. To do this, you may need to completely remove the contact from your phone’s contacts list. 
    5. Note: At the same time, check to see if the issue repeats itself when you send a text message to another user.
    Is the phone blocking text messages?
    1. Check if text messages are blocked on your phone.
    2. Text message blocking may be enabled on your (or your recipient’s) phone, preventing your messages from being sent or received.
    3. The process of deactivating blocked texts can vary from one phone model to another. Here are two examples:
    4. AndroidOpen the phone app → Tap the 3-dot icon (top-right corner) → Call settings → Block messages
    5. iPhoneSettings → Messages → Blocked numbers 
    6. Situations specific to Apple iPhones: In Settings you will also find the the option to disable iMessage. This function could compromise your ability to send or receive text messages.

7. If your previous phone was an iPhone and your new phone is a different brand, make sure you have disconnected your phone number from the iMessage feature — in your phone and/or via the manufacturer’s support site. (https://support.apple.com/en-ca).
    Install the most recent software update
    1. Make sure you have installed the most recent software update on your phone.
    2. To function optimally, text messaging may require the most recent update or settings. These updates are usually available via your phone’s menu.
    3. The process of updating your phone’s software can vary from one phone model to another. Here are two examples:
    4. AndroidSettings → Software update → Manually download updates
    5. iPhoneSettings → General → Software update
    6. Test using a different mobile phone
    7. If you have access to another phone that is compatible with the Fizz mobile network, insert your Fizz SIM card to see if the problem repeats itself. This will allow you to see if your phone is the source of the problem.
    • If the issue cannot be reproduced and is therefore limited to your phone, it may be necessary to reset your phone to its default settings.
    •  
    • If the issue does occur on the second phone, there could be an issue with our systems. Report this issue to one of our customer support representatives
    •  
    1. Conversely, if you do not have access to another phone compatible with the Fizz network but do have access to another active Fizz SIM card with a plan that includes mobile data, insert this card into your phone.
    • If the situation does not occur with this second SIM card, you phone could be the cause. It may be necessary to reset your phone to its default settings.
    • If the situation cannot be reproduced, it may be an issue with the plan and/or the original SIM card. Report this issue to one of our customer support representatives.

This discussion has been closed.