Did anyone with a mobile plan receive the recent 2GB mobile data perk

I have half a dozen friends with only Internet Plans who got the perk, but no friends with only mobile plans who received the perk. What I don't have is anyone with both plans to see if it was still given.

It feels like a cheap marketing ploy to dangle mobile data but not let you use it.

But I hope I'm wrong.

Answers

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭

Hi

I have both mobile and internet and I did not receive this perk...

• Sickboy
    Sickboy Posts: 105 ✭✭

Its marketing probably normal they want more and new customer's.

• Jacques_Assert
    Jacques_Assert Posts: 153 ✭✭

Interesting. One friend with an Internet plan did not receive the perk, but all others did (and only them).

I wonder if anyone with an Internet and Mobile Plan actually received the perk.

Compared to offering $25 for a new client, 2GB of data is cheap.

But there is little value in dangling a carrot that you can't even eat.

• Jacques_Assert

Probably, but I'm looking for evidence.

Getting more clients is good, but not at the expense of annoying your existing clients.

• Catalin C. #14095
    Catalin C. #14095 Posts: 23 ✭✭

I have only a mobile plan with data and I didn't get the 2Gb perk.

• Jacques_Assert

That seems to be the pattern.

If there is anyone with both mobile and Internet plans, who also got the perk, I'd like to hear about it.

• Orenda
    Orenda Posts: 26 ✭✭

I have both phone and internet and got nothing. I can’t even use most of my rewards. I keep getting the same $2 discount but I already have all my slots filled with them, so new ones are useless.

please Fizz Gods, give me a useable reward for once :(

• Jacques_Assert

Thank you for your comment Orenda.

It appears that (to date) the only people who received the 2GB mobile data perk were those who could not use it.

If a $40 perk isn't going to entice you to get a phone, I don't see why they would think a 2GB perk would.

So I echo your plea, please Fizz Gods, give us a usable reward!

Like those 1GB perks to people WITH an existing phone plan. :/

• Axel Q.
    Axel Q. Posts: 26 ✭✭

Hello Jacques,

I had internet for a while... and I don't remember receiving this 2GB perk. However, i now have a mobile plan as well. Do you think I'll get this stuff in the future?

I recently participated in a offline contest event which also promised a 2GB perk but never received it.

This discussion has been closed.