How does the data rollover works ?

Lucie_dub
Lucie_dub Posts: 2 ✭✭

hi, I was wondering, let’s say I have 3gig of data leftover after my month, the 3 gigs are transferred to my next plan. Let’s say I have à 4 gig plan. That makes me 7 gigs. On those seven gigs, I only une 1 one on that month. Does it means I will have 6 gig rolled over on the next bill ? Is there a limit to the roll overs ?

thanks

Lucie

Best Answer

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Lucie_dub

Hi Lucie,

only unused data will rollover and the maximum rollover period is 2 months even if you change your plan during that time, and even if that new plan has no data. So the answer is yes, and there is no limit...

To see when a Rollover will expire:

1. Go to My Plans in your Fizz account.
    2. Under the plan you wish to view (if you have more than one) click on See Usage.
    3. This will open the Usage screen, which lists all your gifts, Add-Ons, Rollovers, etc.
    4. The blue arrow will tell you which data bucket you are currently using.
    5. On the right hand side you can see how many days are left for your Rollover.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-rollover-and-how-does-it-work

Answers

• CurriedGoat
    CurriedGoat Posts: 13 ✭✭

Yes, 2 month expiry is the limitation they put on it. You may want to consider decreasing your data for a month so you don't risk losing any!

• BUDDYMAN
    BUDDYMAN Posts: 51 ✭✭

You are correct! You would have 6gb left, 2gb would expire by the end of the month if not used by then however.

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭

Your data do have expiration date but you can use them within 2 months after they've been transferred. You can check their expiration date in the usage dashboard.

This discussion has been closed.