PayBright Limit prob.

tomy300
tomy300 Posts: 6 ✭✭

Hello, today I decided to go to Fizz, that's great,

When I chose my phone and selected a plan, PayBright only gives me $ 1,500

but the phone i want is $ 1600. Is there a way to pay the difference in cash? There is no option on your site to make a down payment ?. Other providers I can get the phone of my choice regardless of the price and they allow us to pay $ 100 or more to reduce the monthly payment for the phone.

In my opinion this is the big fault of Fizz I think. your plans are good but your financing system is terrible and strict.

Best Answer

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Can I use PayBright to finance only part of my purchase?

No, PayBright financing must be applied to the total amount of your order.

Answers

• tomy300

So I didn't switch yet to fizz... I wait...if they can fix this...... for now I prefer to have the phone of my choice to have a good plan with a cheapy phone.

• MyriamC
    Buying a Fizz phone. 

If you’re buying a Fizz phone, you can pay it in total upfront using one of the payment methods listed here just above.  

If paying upfront is not your thing, paying in instalments with PayBright is possible. PayBright is a Canadian company that offers financing plans to spread the cost of a purchase over monthly payments. PayBright must approve your request since the payments to pay for your phone will be done to PayBright, not Fizz. Approval merely takes a few minutes usually.  

How PayBright works 

• MyriamC

You know us, we like to keep things fair and simple. So when you pay for your phone, you pay for your phone. Paying for your phone in instalments with PayBright doesn’t limit your choice of mobile plan, and you’ll even be able to change your mobile plan each month. 

• MyriamC
    • The payment plan over a 36-month period is only available for mobile phone purchases of $1 400 and up.

• MyriamC
    • You remain in control: you can pay your outstanding PayBright balance at any time, without penalty. 

• MyriamC

Please note that PayBright is an independent payment company and Fizz has no influence over whether your request for a payment plan with PayBright is accepted or not.  

If you have questions about your request, please visit the PayBright FAQ for more information or contact PayBright directly.

• tomy300

Thanks, as I can see, PayBright acts a bit like a bank. You know I have a commercial account with videotron and I can afford any device but with PayBright I cannot exceed $ 1500. That's why I think it puts you at a disadvantage.

• tomy300

You see it's stupid, for a $ 1600 phone I can't lower the amount with a cashdown. It is completely stupid.

So the only way to buy this phone is to buy it cash. Do you know a lot of people who pay $ 1600 cash for a cell phone?

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    edited October 2021

I don't see why everyone says you can't exceeed $1500 ? Paybright now offers 36 month plans instead of 24 for the higher priced devices.

I just checked the Samsung A21 which lists for $1650 if you pay for it outright, and under paybright is shows up as $45.83/month for 36 months..

And since there are no penalties or fees for early prepayments, you can make extra payments as you wish to pay it off earlier if you prefer (if you don't like 36 month terms). So get the 36 month plan, then prepay whatever amoutn you want (say $500) and then the term will just be shorter. It's like making a down payment really.

• tomy300

for example if I choose "Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G for 36 months, the value of the phone is $ 1650 then Paybright will not allow me that amount, only $ 1500 in total, so if I choose this phone the transaction is declined because it exceeds the amount of the device value.

• Emporium

OK.. I did not try to checkout, so did not realise it would decline the transaction.

I think someone should bring it to Fizz's attention that some phones, even though they are listed with Paybright payment options, they do not seem to be approved, due to max transaction limits.

Probably an oversight. Possibly some agreement they had a while back on what max $ to use, and now that phones are more and more expensive, they changed terms for 36 months (becaue before it was only 24months), but didn't realize that the transaction max limit is stopping people from purchasing.

Contact Fizz: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us

• tomy300

As is the case with many corporations, it is almost impossible to get in touch with a human being, their systems always refer me to automated services.

• Emporium

Yes, I know. I hate that also. But not sure it is any worse than dealing with some clueless tech support that may be overseas, and follows a simple flowchart/script and asks you to go round and round, until you get frustrated and insist on level 2 support.

Their CHAT system here is a hit an miss, depending on browser, cookies, language, etc... When it works however it is "fine". The easiest way honestly, is to leave them a message on facebook.

This discussion has been closed.