cellphone network issue - people cannot hear me

Options
Phil24
Phil24 Posts: 26 ✭✭

Started August 30th, Monday, been going on the whole week, everyday. I use my phone a lot.

Issue is that people cannot hear me for 10 seconds to 40 seconds but I can hear them. After this, they can hear me well.

Never happened before, been a Fizz customer for over a year.

Answers

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @François-Philippe@Daniel Farmer

I posted in the other thread which you commented in also...

Sorry to hear about the issue with the mobile network. In these forums we are mostly users trying to help users. Just curious, have you contacted a customer service agent to report the issues ?

Are the problems with the network REGARDLESS of where you are located ?

I know it is not IDEAL, but just as a test, have you tried to switch your phone preference to 3G (instead of 4G/LTE). Maybe it is some part of the antenna towers that is "glitchy".

To contact a customer service agent

• Sign into your account
    • Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    • Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '?' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode
    • Choose the option 💬 chat
    • If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Other means of contact

CHAT however is the quickest method.

• Phil24
    Options

Yah, I guess I will have to contact Fizz directly.

Cannot be a problem with the antenna coverage, I'm in downtown Montreal.

If this goes on, I will have to request a credit, this is a poor service.

• Emporium
    Options

Being downtown, I would agree with you, I would hope it is not an Antenna coverage issue ;)

However just as a quick test, switching to 3G would confirm if the problem is with the 4G network itself. It is OBVIOSULY not a solution, but more of a test.

Don't know what phone you have, I know on Android it is usually simple to switch these preferences (not sure about iPhone devices however).

But contacting Fizz directly would probably be a good choice, so they can at least be aware that there are issues in many areas, which may even be related to defective hardware on some towers or elsewhere.

• Phil24
    Options

Just chat with them. Their chat is broken with Firefox (linux + windows) but I made it work in Chrome.

We switched my network operator to "Fizz EXT / RAT : LTE", they say the "EXT" it's the network provided by their partners outside of their subscription area.

We'll see how it goes in the next few days.

• Emporium
    Options

Wow.. That was quick. Please let us know how it goes in the next few days. Hopefully it fixes the situation.

• Phil24
    Options

"Fizz EXT / RAT : LTE" has been down here for 2 hours. Can't make a call. This fix is not helping at all if this service is going down.

Yet, they say that everything is functional which is a lie: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services

I switched to "Fizz EXT / RAT : GSM" and it's back online but I would prefer to have LTE.

Their network coverage clearly shows Montreal in green: https://fizz.ca/en/coverage

• Phil24
    Options

I forgot to say that yesterday with "Fizz EXT / RAT : LTE" that I had the same problem as before so it did not fix my issue.

• Phil24
    Options

Just chat with them again.

Went back to "Fizz / RAT : LTE" and there was some APN configuration missing, we added:

APN: mobile.bm

MMSC: http://mms.mobile.bm

MMS proxy: mmsproxy.mobile.bm

MMS port: 80

APN type: default,mms,supl

Don't know why it wasn't there. Maybe it was never there or maybe it got lost when I switched to another mobile network operator.

So now we wait again if the issue will come back.

This discussion has been closed.