ROAMING

Options
Lol65999
Lol65999 Posts: 3 ✭✭

So I was recently looking for cheap and fast data, and I came across Fizz. (I live in Ottawa)

I was really confused about the coverage because I get that in order to use fizz you have to live in Quebec/Ontario but I don't really get the difference between the coverage zone and subscription zone. For example if I went to bc for a couple weeks and used my plan there would I get charged for roaming by fizz or would I be fine?

Best Answer

• SubnormalFever
    SubnormalFever Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

First of all, welcome to Fizz!

Just wanted to clarify the difference between the coverage zone and the subscription zone.

If you look at the Coverage Map, you'll notice that the green zone refers to the subscription zone. This is where Fizz actually has its cellular towers. When you're in this zone and you look at your phone, it will show "Fizz" as your cellular network. Most of your usage should be on this network. (180+ days)

Now outside the green zone, there's the pink zone which refers to the coverage zone. Here, it depends on the type of plan you got. If you have the Quebec plan, you'll be roaming in the pink zone but won't pay any charges. Same applies to the Canada and Canada + USA plans. When you're in this zone and you look at your phone, it will show "Fizz EXT" as your cellular network. You should not spend most of your time in this zone. (180+ days)

You can also refer to the following page if you are still missing out on some information : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/subscription-area-and-coverage-are

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,731 ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hi @Lol65999

Fizz covers only the Quebec and Ottawa region with the Quebec Coverage

Therefore, you need at least a Canada Coverage

And remember to use a referral code if you decide to join Fizz to get the 50$ till the end of septembre

• Danny M. #31189
    Danny M. #31189 Posts: 378 ✭✭
    Options

Welcome to fizz! The prices cannot be beat!

• RyHi
    RyHi Posts: 150 ✭✭
    Options

As Mike was eluding too, if you have a Canada Package (or Canada/US) you will be able to use your phone in BC for a couple weeks without roaming charges. You have to live and use the majority of your plan in the coverage area (more details in the FAQ section), but you can use your phone in the subscription area on partner networks without roaming fees.

Welcome to FIZZ!

• FizzyBubblech
    FizzyBubblech Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Options

If you stay In Roaming for a certain period of time I think you may get charge. Vérifie with CS through chat or look on thier website to not h e any bad surprises. Also make sure to have a ça and a wide plan.

This discussion has been closed.