Unstable Fizz Internet

Options
fan
fan Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hi,

I switched to Fizz Internet (120M/20M) last Thursday (7/8).

I found out the internet is not stable and streaming videos sometimes lagging.

I run speed test (speedtest.com) a few times,

sometimes it was normal. download speed 124M and upload around 20M.

but other times like the one I just did (see the screenshot below), the download speed ONLY 10M now.

I need a Fizz tech. to review and see if any setup issue ( I was with CIK(Videotron cable) and had this issue long ago before , they found out my line was connected to an unstable 'server'. Once they fixed it, it never happened again).

(my order#:  6932331530)

Thanks!

Best Answer

• gogoer
    gogoer Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I also switched to Fizz from CIK last Thursday. I had similar problem with CIK before and CIK changed a server then solved the problem. From switching to Fizz, I have been testing speed 4-5 times everyday, all of testing speed is over 120/20M, most over 130/30M. I also try to set up fizz router to bridge mode or all in one router mode, stable and fast, no any problem in my case.

Answers

• Isabelle_33424
    Isabelle_33424 Posts: 187 ✭✭
    Options

@fan Better contact the customer service and ask them to put you online with the technical support:

1. Log in to your account
    2. Go to this page https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues
    3. Wait 5 seconds for the bubble "?" icon to appear at the bottom right of the browser and click on the icon to chat with support.

*The business hours are every day from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.

• shawnie
    shawnie Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

That’s not normal for Fizz, a tier 1 provider. Contrary to a CIK, IVC or other tier 2-3 providers, you should see at least 100mbps virtually all the time. There could be something wrong with your modem or installation.

This discussion has been closed.