Fizz tone signal not recognize by IVR system :(

David L. 46313
David L. 46313 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Me and my wife are with Fizz for 2 years now and still love it.

My wife needs to call the IVR system of her office many times per week, 2 for English and pin to access personal options. It was working well until last October! Since last October the IVR doesn't recognize the tone anymore. Did Fizz make a change in October that could have broken something? We also tried switching the sim card and phone from my phone to her phone etc and both phones and both sims have the same issue. But it's working using another cell company. For the moment we are paying for Skype calls on her phone just so that she can reach the office :(

Need help here thanks.

Best Answer

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 21,390 ✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓

HI

Can check if there is any pending carrier updates by going to: Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

When you push a button during the call do you hear the tone? I believe that the tone is generated since you wrote the it is not recognized

Ca you try to dial the number like this

Phonenumber,2,pin

5145551111,2,1234 for example

1. With your cursor at the end of the phone number, tap the + * # button on the bottom left of the keyboard.
    2. Tap the Pause This will insert a comma at the end of the number.

If you do not have any carrier updates you should contact the customer service

1- Click on this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-manage-appointment-technician-visit-my-service-address

2- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner. Click on it

3- Select chat 

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 21,390 ✭✭

Hi

check under the dial configuration to see if you have a DTMF setting and play with it.

It seems to me a phone configuration

• David L. 46313
    David L. 46313 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thanks, look like that may be the cause but on iOS14 I can't find a way to play with those settings :(

This discussion has been closed.