DDNS Not Working

Options
FeydRautha
FeydRautha Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hi,

There is another thread that has been closed.

Dont understand why it is closed without any fix or valid resolution.

The issue still there.

After doing a painful factory reset and configure dhcp reservations and fowarding rules, DDNS keeps showing the same following message

[ERROR]

The valid domain suffix must have only two level domain name separated with dot(.).

I tried with different providers. Also not happy that NOIP has been removed.

The configuration check is flawed and it's signaling error where it shouldnt.

System Overview Hardware Version2A Software Version7.1.1.2.7b8

Anyone with a solution?

Answers

• Jacques_Assert
    Jacques_Assert Posts: 159 ✭✭
    Options

Consider running a client on your computer.

I've avoided these features on the modem because of this type of issue.

I currently use dyndns.org and no-ip.org without issue.

Since you'll need the computer on in order to make much use of DDNS, this should work fine. Even if you do not sign-on often, the IP address remains unchanged as long as the modem MAC address remains unchanged (and the modem remains online).

• FeydRautha
    Options

I'm aware of that option.

But I hardly find justifiably or consider have a running computer a solution for smth that is easily achieved by an existing feature in so many routers.

You are assuming i need a computer running to access anything on my network of devices or that I cannot wake up a computer on demand.

This is failing on a false configuration validation error. Which should have been easily detected on a simple devtest. And I'm sure is easily fixed.

• Jacques_Assert
    Jacques_Assert Posts: 159 ✭✭
    Options

Everything you say is true, but assuming you want a workaround rather than simply to be right, a client offers one solution.

And once set, the IP does not change unless the MAC address of the router changes (or the router is powered off for 24-48 hours).

So you could even set it manually in a pinch.

I wish the Fizz router had decent fq_codel QoS, but it doesn't so I bridge it and run my own router. That's another option.

• FeydRautha
    Options

Let's assume that I wanted a solution for a given scenario, or that I did know obvious options that imply leave devices running or adding more devices or would have asked differently. Thanks though for insisting, assuming that you wanted to be helpful and not right.

I personally like quiet, efficient and minimal setups, so In general I'd like to keep using a feature that was working before and should be working in the future instead of adding superfluous, overlapping devices.

This discussion has been closed.