Anybody else get $3 increase email?

Options
DinoS
DinoS Posts: 626 āœ­āœ­

I was early fizz customer and didn't get it. I referred him to Fizz. My brother got email this morning and his plan will be $3 more next month. He's not happy šŸ˜

Anybody else in same boat?

Best Answers

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 āœ­āœ­
    Answer āœ“
    Options

Yep many old plan increased but your price is still lower thant current price :)

Dont be mad service go up its the capitalism working here

• Ali S. #829
    Ali S. #829 Posts: 32 āœ­āœ­
    Answer āœ“
    Options

According to the following link, stabilization period was between April 12, 2019, AND October 16th, 2019. I was a subscriber before that period. I guess the price increase will not apply to me. As others said, it is odd that they planned to increase the price although it was already announced in 2019.

Important information for mobile members who subscribed before October 17, 2019. | Fizz

"When you subscribed to Fizz during the stabilization period, you were informed that your plan was to switch to its regular price once that period was over. But to thank you for your patience and collaboration, you get to keep the price you are paying now until early 2020. You will be notified of the switch to theĀ regular priceĀ 30 days in advance. If you change your mobile plan, however, you will lose the price youā€™re paying now, andĀ regular pricesĀ will apply."

Answers

• JuanPa
    JuanPa Posts: 236 āœ­āœ­
    Options

I wouldn't be happy lol

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 āœ­āœ­
    Options

I have a hunch that the email is meant for all early adopter but delivered based on anniversary day šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 āœ­āœ­
    Options

Yeah, I agree with Idefizz. I think you might get an email soon

• DinoS
    Options

I'm not enrolled as he did on stabilization time. Will fizz increase mine too?

• Alfio
    Alfio Posts: 398 āœ­āœ­
    Options

I got mine too.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 āœ­āœ­
    Options

I cannot say what Fizz is doing but I donā€˜t think they will increase yours at this time.

• methier
    methier Posts: 12 āœ­āœ­
    Options

Still didn't get my email but 2 of my friends did I was actually with fizz from the beginning and to be honest it caused so much of a hassle (on many occasions) that they should just leave it like it is. Specially knowing that the price of mobile plans are bound to come back down eventually any time soon seeing how the CRTC is hammering down on the BIG 3. And now that the internet is considered an essential service. not sure how long it's going to be to consider that a phone that can call 911 during an emergency will be considered essential as well.

• DinoS
    Options

There are three groups fizz users.

1) signed in beta time and Early adapters before stabilization;

2) stabilization

3) regular price

I have all three in my family members. Only 2) get price increase notice. Myself (group 1) didnā€™t yet. Will see how fizz behaves.

• Nicolas_R
    Nicolas_R Posts: 35 āœ­āœ­
    Options

Hello,

Yes it's normal. They even delayed the price increase, which is appreciated ! Even if price increases aren't fun, I think it's fair. Those who got the email have been on a much lower price than regular customers.

Cheers !

• DinoS
    edited May 2021
    Options

Well, see this link small print (1) Should a price increase occur, you would be notified 30 days in advance.

Even for old customer (subscribed BEFORE April 12, 2019), Fizz can change with 30 days notice in advance .

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/important-information-mobile-members-who-subscribed-october-17-2019

Move on, it's not end of world. Fizz features such as data gift make me stay :)

This discussion has been closed.