Voicemail shortcuts/tips

Options
Totoro
Totoro Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited March 2021 in My Mobile

Hi,

I’m new here and I was going through the discussion questions. I’ve seen a question I wanted to answer, but it was already closed.

I thought about writing directly to the person, but just in case it can help others: You can press “1” to skip the part giving info about the person number/date.

Note: I don’t really know however how to forward the whole intro (the one saying you’ve got X new voicemail...).

I found the solution on Fizz FAQ:

this is an answer to that following discussion:

@Brian O. #18583

Comments

• NinjaBunga
    NinjaBunga Posts: 201 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the information I was not aware that we could skip that part of the message! It's really good to know!

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options

This clearly proves that some answers are being labeled Best a bit too fast. And that some questions/topics are closed a bit too early.

Thanks @Totoro for taking time to provide the real Acceptable answer, if not Best.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

@Idefizz I disagree. Fizz changes their services continuously and updates them. For instance, I just tried to skip the number part in my voicemail by pressing 1. It DID NOT work.

People her in the forum speak form their personal experiences. Fizz sometimes changes so quickly that those answers become outdated. We can't have a post stay open for days on end. At some point you need to close it. Usually Whizz is quite good to correct any issues that might come up in the answers, so I think that is a good way to move forward.

• Idefizz
    Options

Hey @StefanM , your experience contradicts what is clearly documented:

So you say the documentation is outdated.

Very interesting. Fizz should take care of it. I'd like to try it but have no message presently.

(just to be clear my comment was in no way toward you. Just that sometimes best answer is to be taken with a grain of salt.)

• StefanM
    Options

@Idefizz

I didn't thing that your comment was directed in any way against me. I just wanted to highlight, that there are contradicting information out there.

Fizz is still a work in progress, albeit a work in progress I am happy to be part of :)

• Idefizz
    Options

Yeah I didn't think so but just still wanted to avoid any ambiguity. Cheers! 🥂

True: everything is perfectible. Even big players have things to correct.

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

Its like the call history all people said they dont offer the information but they do .. now. So Its not really wrong answer its just answer who is not true anymore. Its really hard to help people when the rule change often and we dont have easy way to get the change.

Fizz should give us a change list when they change think its will be really helpfull.

• Totoro
    Totoro Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hey, I just wanted to add, I didn’t do that to criticize anyone. I just wanted to explain why I opened another ticket instead of answering on the direct discussion.

I’m happy if that was helpful for some. I’m also grateful that there are people that help us on the forum! It’s all done on our free time and everyone help the best they can. We aren’t fizz staff so we can’t be aware of everything either.

and I’m sorry if the “1” option didn’t work for some. It’s working for me (I tried before posting to be sure). Also just as a clarification, for me it’s working only for the number/person/date info. Not the whole intro. If you try before (with the “you got x message...”) it won’t be triggered, it will only work if you’re actually on the info part.

• StefanM
    Options

As I said before, I did not take is as any criticism and wasn't even thinking remotely that it was connected to anything I posted. So no worries :)

At the end of the day we are all just Fizz users and speak from experience :)

• roch-andre
    roch-andre Posts: 272 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the info