internet slow, speed test made, what is the problem?

Enediel
Enediel Posts: 6 ✭✭
I made an speed test in a PC connected directly to the Fizz modem by cable, the download and upload results are close to my plan but the ping with a Videotron server was 41 milliseconds, EBOX Montreal server, ip 184.163.114.168 please check it out because it's extremely slow here.

Best Answer

Answers

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    For Fizzy my answer is here : https://communaute.fizz.ca/questions/2617235-laissez-modem-fizz-allumer-24h-24-reponse-fizzy (sorry its in the french forum because its more ainsi for me to answer in this language). Have a nice day :)
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭
    Enediel, great to hear that your situation is resolved.
    Were you able to identify the source?

Sorry I don't agree with those who say shutting down your modem will cause problems.
    I ask: Do you have any advice from a legitimate source to support your claim?
  • Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    @Fizzy sorry your right i dont have source and i sont say its cause the current problem but in the long run i dont think its good. Again i can be wrong :) Maybe @MichelP have more info on this subject for my part i just go with my knowledge of electricity who is limited so :)

Maybe its not wrong but in this day and age its seem weird to me to cut itself from the world ;) Have a nice day :)
This discussion has been closed.