When is Fizz going to offer TV service?

Options
HW
HW Posts: 7 ✭✭
Hi! Dear Fizz I wonder if you ever going to offer TV service like Bell's Virgen Mobile that is the lower-tier of Bell and every other small internet service provider offers TV service like VMEDIA they have a Roku app to subscribe to their TV service as long as you have internet with them. So the question is are you ever going to offer TV service if not to make plans with other service provider. I have been a customer for almost a year. I love the internet service but without TV service will be hard to stay with Fizz. Thank you..

Answers

• Nomdefoire
    Nomdefoire Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Options
    It's harder to tell now that Fizz is more mainstream, but at first the service was mainly focusing on a "younger" and "techy"er generation. People who would want and be able to manage most of their stuff online.

Reading between the lines, this audience is also one that doesn't watch (or sometimes even own) regular TV. This could obviously change as Fizz expands and gains new clients, tho.

Going towards what every mainstream telecom is doing has its disadvantages. If clients keep wishing Fizz was more like Videotron, we are just going in circle. (Everything has a price!)

Cheers
  • Kraff
    Kraff Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options
    That would be a great idea to have a "FIZZ TV" app/service and would be greater if it would have content in French too. Not like Netflix where they have 90% of things in English only :(
    Imagine being able to start a tv show on your computer or tv in the FIZZ app and then being able to continue it from outside your house on your phone.
    In the same type of idea I would also love to have an app FIZZ MUSIC. I know, today almost everyone is sold to Spotify but there is still some people like me who hate Spotify because it's full of ads and other annoying little things. An other player on this market would interest me a lot.
  • DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
    Options
    Needs time. Trend is iptv more likely.
  • StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options
    Maybe in the future but I think right now Fizz is focusing on the essentials - mobile and internet. There are still some problems they have to iron out, such as a buggy website and payment problems. Once everything is up and running perfectly, they can toy with the thought of expanding.
  • Seu_Madruga
    Seu_Madruga Posts: 73 ✭✭
    Options
    Hum. I have mixed feelings about this. TV service looks so 20th century, ahaha! I would prefer streaming options where I'm free to watch stuff when I want. This is the biggest reason I never subscribed to a TV service. You got to be in front of the TV at the exact time or you miss it. But for stuff like sports it would be nice!
This discussion has been closed.