Is MMS messages only for mobile plans with data, even if you have wifi?

I have a mobile plan that doesn't include any data. As to be expected, when I'm out, I can't receive any pictures or other MMS messages unless I activate my data using the free gifts I get from Fizz. In my past plan though, before I was with Fizz, I still couldn't get MMS messages when I was out of course BUT when I was somewhere connected to wifi, those MMS messages would come through. Although this doesn't seem to be the case with my current plan.
So what I'm wondering is: should I still be getting my MMS messages while on wifi like my past plan and I messed up connecting it somewhere or is this normal with Fizz and no data = no MMS at all times?
Thank you!

Best Answers

• Damek G.
    Damek G. Posts: 151 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Thierry,
    Like the others said, you will need to activate your LTE to receive your Images and/or documents sent by text.
    If someone sends you a picture by text, you won’t know and receive it until you activate your Mobile Data. Personally, If you have some in
    your plan and if you get many mms sent to you i would simply turn it on from time to time and see.
This discussion has been closed.