Password change

I just changed my wifi password and it doesnt work. The new one of the previous one osnt working

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭
    Hi Joanie

If any changes have caused a problem, you can perform a factory reset of the Fizz modem as Mike suggests.

Using a pointy object like a paper clip, press and hold the button behind the Wi-Fi modem for at least 10 seconds.

If any problems, you can contact customer support by chat at any time 24/7:

1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2- Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.
    3- Open a Fizz help page like this one: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-install-my-wi-fi-modem
    4- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
  • Olivier R. #3666
    Olivier R. #3666 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭
    Thanks for the question
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Joanie,
    If you have forgotten the password,
    You must do a reset of your modem.
    With a needle, hold on the reset button of the modem 35,40 seconds back in the center of the modem. Released it after and wait 2,3 minutes to see the return of the modem's lights.
    If your computer is directly connected to the modem with an ethernet câble, you'll see on the screen: Easy connect
    Types twice the factory password (indicated back of the modem).
    Your internet connexion is supposed to work 100% well.
    After, connect all of your devices on your wi-fi network with the same password.
  • Sergii C.
    Sergii C. Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Hello Joanie!
    If you have a laptop you can just connect notebook and Wifi modem with ethernet cable included in the starter kit and then:
    1- Open a web browser and navigate to 192.168.0.1
    2- Connect using the following information:
    Username: cusadmin
    Password: xxxxxxxx (enter the new password you selected during initial configuration)
    3- Navigate to the following section to make changes:
    4- Wireless → Basic Settings → 2.4GHz → set a password at the bottom left
    5- Enter a password and click on "Save Changes" button
    If you have no laptop you can only reset the modem.
This discussion has been closed.