Two texts disappeared as soon as I unlocked the screen this afternoon - is there a way to get the te

When I turned on my phone this morning, I had notifications for new texts. But as soon as I unlocked the screen to check, they disappeared. Can I get those texts back? I have tried a hard reset of my phone and several other ideas I found online. I have an iPhone 5S. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Samuel F. #26869
    Samuel F. #26869 Posts: 78 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi.
    Normally Apple keep all you text MMS and sms in iMessage so they should be there. If they are not in you phone go in your Apple account in the iMessage and you should be able to get them back. Normally a hard reset is never required and should be use in last resort on iPhone. If they are not in your iMessage, the hard reset have permanently deleted thoses messages for certain. I hope that you find them back.
    Have a nice day.

Answers

• Damek G.
    Damek G. Posts: 151 ✭✭
    Hi Laura!
    in my opinion, it’s HIGHLY UNLIKELY that it’s an issue with Fizz.
    It would be an issue with your phone. If you have iMessage activated, their might be a second ping as the message was sent as a text message then as a iMessage afterwards.
    That might explain the issue explained earlier.
  • Olivier R. #3666
    Olivier R. #3666 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭
    Thank you for the question
  • Laura S. #28928
    Laura S. #28928 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Thank you all for the advice and comments. To clarify, the texts are SMS (I do not have iMessage turned on and do not have another device). Two new texts showed up on the lock screen when I turned on my phone, but when I unlocked the phone and went into messages, the texts were not there. This is an issue with iPhone, but I am curious if the SMS texts are in the Fizz system for a period of time. Thank you!
  • Patricia C5YQZ
    Patricia C5YQZ Posts: 2,685 ✭✭
    Hello!

If your issue is resolved, you can choose the best answer to close this post

Have a good day
This discussion has been closed.