Does BLU Advance 5.0 HD support data plan?

Options
Roman M. #24638
Roman M. #24638 Posts: 24 ✭✭
I have BLU Advance 5.0 HD. I can't enable data plan on it, it seems that the device is not fully compatible with Fizz network.
https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices says "Calls and / or mobile data: The phone must support the 1700/2100 MHz frequency (also called AWS" Did anybody have luck to use data plan on this device?

Answers

• Anderson M.
    Anderson M. Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Options
    This model supports B4 and B17 bands. So based on that it should work on Fizz and you can enable the data plan.
  • Roman M. #24638
    Roman M. #24638 Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Options
    Anderson, thanks for the feedback. When I spoke with Fizz representative in online chat, he said this phone isn't fully compatible, i.e. does not have dual-frequency support for 1700/2100 MHz.
  • SuperFizzeur
    SuperFizzeur Posts: 3,777 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Roman. Thanks for your fantastic question.
    I've verified the frequency bands your phone is currently using on the frequencycheck website. The phone isn't compatible with Fizz Network. You can buy a cheap unlocked prepaid phone in grocery stores or pharmacy for less than 120$. I recommend you buying a motorola.
    It's been a pleasure to assist you today. If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask.
    Don't forget to mark this answer as the best answer! :)
  • AntonioMar
    AntonioMar Posts: 788 ✭✭
    Options
    If the problem is resolved, could you please close the question.
This discussion has been closed.