Email to SMS address?

Options
Ozgur T.
Ozgur T. Posts: 1 ✭✭
Seen a post about this request 7 months ago, regarding emailing to SMS. I would use this for reporting / notifications and my Fizz account does not have an SMS email address. When would this be available with Fizz?
Bell, Telus, Rogers all had this feature.

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,924 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Ozgur,

Since Videotron does not seem to offer this option, I think Fizz will not offer it any time in the near future. Both companies are owned by Quebecor and operate on the same network.
  • SittingRam
    SittingRam Posts: 320 ✭✭
    Options
    I wonder that myself. With fizz, like all sub-carriers it’s always a question of cost vs benefit. If not enough people demand it. I don’t see fizz doing it.
  • SuperFizzeur
    SuperFizzeur Posts: 3,777 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Ozgur!
    Please give your ideas directly to a fizz support rep.
    In your case, i suggest to reach a Fizz support rep by clicking the green chat bubble available in your account dashboard or by facebook under the name "Fizz".
    It's been a pleasure to assist you today, if you have furthers questions i'm here to answer!
    Have a great day and don't hesitate to mark my answer as the best. :)
  • J D. #792
    J D. #792 Posts: 316 ✭✭
    Options
    Unfortunately Fizz doesn't have this feature. As an alternative , you could download and App called TextNow for free SMS and have this feature as well.
  • SuperFizzeur
    SuperFizzeur Posts: 3,777 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Ozgur.
    Just a follow-up!
    Problem resolved?
  • manjotsc
    manjotsc Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options
    Well, there is one way, and it only works one way; also, It does working on android. If you get the APN changed the Videotron, You can send emails from the texting app on your phone. But cannot receive it.
This discussion has been closed.