What Wi-Fi router are you using instead of the built-in Fizz one?

Options
FizzFanTim
FizzFanTim Posts: 86 ✭✭
Built-in routers are never the best, but for many, they do the job. For those of you needing better performance or coverage, what have you gone with? I’m using a Linksys Velop system and it’s ok. I think there are better mesh system out there. And I really wish Apple would get back into the Wi-Fi router game. I still think about going back to my Apple Time Capsule setup some times.

Answers

• hc0468
    hc0468 Posts: 168 ✭✭
    Options
    Netgear R7000 with dd-wrt (Kong build). Old but good. The wireless range on it is absolutely amazing especially for 5GHz.

I liked it so much I got a second one to use as a wireless access point at the other end of the house.
  • Vincent D. 39366
    Vincent D. 39366 Posts: 214 ✭✭
    Options
    I used a netgear one before but it wasn't AC, now I'm good with the fizz one instead tbh
  • richard P. 41148
    richard P. 41148 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Options
    Same here, Netgear R7000 with dd-wrt (Kong build even though there is no support from Kong anymore) and it works great. If you want a mesh type though you might consider Ubiquity Mesh or other ubiquity devices. You need to setup a server (just a program on a local computer) to manage your network. Asus are solid routers too (you can install Merlin which unlocks features and is supported by Asus too)
  • AntonioMar
    AntonioMar Posts: 788 ✭✭
    Options
This discussion has been closed.