Why my internet speed is that slow?

Julien C. 10331
Julien C. 10331 Posts: 10 ✭✭
Hi there,
I am terribly desappointed with internet speed and stability.
I am paying for the biggest plan, 120 /20 and I never get close to that.
This Sunday morning, I had 20 and usually I never get up to 40.
I am getting similar result between my WiFi devices and my cable devices.
3 weeks before I was still with Videotron and I never experienced anyway similar. Internet was always up at 135 / 20 despite that I was paying for a 120 / 20.
I was willing to save a few bucks by doing the switch but I regret this a lot now.
If someone from fizz read this, please buy more bandwidth to Videotron. Right now, your service is a shame.

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,643 ✭✭

Here we are users
    Did you already try to reboot the modem?

Did the cable is well connected to the modem?

Try to restore the factory settings

Using a small, sharp object, press the modem’s reset button for 10 seconds.

Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it.

Reminder: The default username (Default Wi-Fi network) and password (Default key) for your Wi-Fi network are written on a sticker on the back of your Wi-Fi modem.

If after all of this nothing else and with the ethernet cable you do not get something close to 120 contact the support, they should send back the tech

CHAT

• Go to this page https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues, if you are not connect login
    • The business hours: every day from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (EST).
    • Wait 5 seconds for the bubble icon to appear at the bottom right of the browser and click on the icon to chat with support. Try a different browser if you have issues getting the bubble to appear.

If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for our answers surpasses our processing capacity. If that happens, send us a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

FACEBOOK

Your can also send a message via facebook messanger https://facebook.com/fizzca and click send a message (this is a bit slower)

CONTACT FORM

You can also fill a contact form from your account Once logged in, from the account panel go to My Profile → Contact Form (the subject are limited) and fill out the form and someone will email you back.

• Nini G. #13860
    Nini G. #13860 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭
    You indeed have a problem, my son has the same plan and is super satisfied with the speed and stability. You should try to communicate with them via the support or by messenger.Good luck with your problem.
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Julien,
    Have you tried to reset your modem?
    It can resolve your speed problem. It's not acceptable this speed.
    At the center of the back of the modem.
    Put in a needle for at least 35 seconds .
    Wait after 3,4 minutes to see all the lights of the modem.
    Check if this reset has solved your problem.
    I hope and if not, it's maybe the modem which is non fonctional.
    Contact the support from Fizz by chat
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues
    Wait to see the green chat bubble down to the right of the page.
    When you see it, click on it.
    Your chat session with them begins.
  • sman
    sman Posts: 4,217 ✭✭
    Yes follow the instructions
  • Jimmy N. #14505
    Jimmy N. #14505 Posts: 620 ✭✭
    Speak with them.
    I have the 60/10 plan and my speed is always 65-75 !!
    Good luck.
  • Berts
    Berts Posts: 824 ✭✭
    Follow instruction from Mike.
  • FC
    FC Posts: 117 ✭✭
    @Julien,
    I have the same plan (120/20). I just did the speed test, and the actual speed is 142/25 through wifi. I think you should reset the modem, or contact with Fizz to check your cable. I had issue before (it dropped at least 3 times a day). The technician came, and fixed the cable (especially the cable connect), now it never drops, and the speed is super fast.
    Good luck!
  • Chris K. #7521
    Chris K. #7521 Posts: 486 ✭✭
    It sounds like your modem is the problem. Based on what you said the connection to your home seems fine since you were getting the proper speeds with Videotron. Try what others have suggested resetting the modem. Also just make sure that the connections to the modem are plugged in properly, maybe try unscrewing the coax and screwing it back in tightly. If you are still experiencing problems contact support.
  • clau3166
    clau3166 Posts: 130 ✭✭
    Same here, a reboot might do the trick! If not chat with them, my internet speed is always optimal. Good luck!
  • Nini G. #13860
    Nini G. #13860 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭
    Please choose the best answer to close the discussion.
This discussion has been closed.