DHCP Reservation Issues

Nickolaos
Nickolaos Posts: 1 ✭✭
I am attempting to leverage the DHCP reservation functionality in the CODA modem router. However, it does not seem to be working.
Step 1. I go to Basic -> LAN Setup -> DHCP Reservation.
Step 2. I find the device in question in the list, PC001 and I press the "Add" button.
Step 3. I scroll to the bottom of the list and I see the device now PC001 added to the reservation list.
Step 4. I give the device a friend name Mine (making sure that it is unique).
Step 5. I update the IP address to the one I want it to have (making sure that it does not conflict with an existing device, that it is within the DHCP range and on a valid subnet).
Step 6. I press the "Save changes".
Step 7. I wait for the modem to reboot.
Step 8. Release the IP address on PC001 and power cycle it for good measure.
When PC001 reboots, it shows the original address and not the reserved one. When I log back into the CODA modem/router
Step 1. I go to Basic -> Lan Setup -> Connected Devices and push the "Show" button
Step 2. I find PC001 (Mine) in the list.
Step 3. I see that the wrong IP address is assigned to PC001 (Mine) even though under the "Type" heading it shows "DHCP-Reserved"
Step 4. I return to the "DHCP Reservation" menu lookup PC001 (Mine) to see if the desired IP address is was correctly saved.
Step 5. I reduced the DHCP Lease time to 30 minutes.
Step 6. I wait at least 30 minutes and released the IP address once again on PC001 (Mine).
Step 7. Then I power cycle it and I am still not getting the desired IP address.
I have tried the following procedure with multiple devices (desktop, laptops, IoT devices, etc.) and it does not seem to be working with any of them. It does seem to eventual work if I shutdown the modem for at approximately 10 minutes and shut down the devices and only turn them on after the modem has finished rebooting.
Has anyone had a similar issue?

Answers

• Jimmy N. #14505
    Jimmy N. #14505 Posts: 620 ✭✭
    The best would be to chat with a Fizz representative.
  • Berts
    Berts Posts: 824 ✭✭
    Call Fizz by chat or messenger.
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    I would suggest you to get specific and technic support from the customer service of Fizz by chat.
    This service is available from 8h00 to 21h00.
    First, get connected online into your account.
    Then, type:
    https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    Wait until you see the green bubble chat down to the right of the page.
    When you see it, click on it.
    Your chat session with them begins.
  • sman
    sman Posts: 4,218 ✭✭
    Utilisez le workaround de Felix
    et contactez le support
  • sman
    sman Posts: 4,218 ✭✭
    Nickolaos utilisez le workaround the Felix and contact the support to have a solution that respect your needs
  • Nini G. #13860
    Nini G. #13860 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭
    Communicate with them by
    Messenger, that’s what work best for me.
  • Nini G. #13860
    Nini G. #13860 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭
    Please choose the best answer to close the discussion.
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Have you received a good answer since yesterday?
    If yes, please choose this one to close the discussion.
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.