Modem not working

Isai
Isai Posts: 5 ✭✭
Modem not working, I don't have internet. Power button is ON but the rest is OFF please help. Fizz doesn't have customer support I guess that's why is cheap

Answers

• Hi Isai, is this a brand new modem out of the box? Or is this a modem that was working and now fails to work?
    If it is a brand new modem, you have to wait 15min for it to work properly and you might have to turn it off and on again and wait another 5-10 min ( by unplugging the AC cord ) .
    If it is still not working, my best advice would be to communicate with the chat support.
  • Yelena
    Yelena Posts: 1,861 ✭✭
    Did the technician verify the signal when he brought the modem? If not, you should chat with support and schedule another appointment for signal check.
    Here are the instructions how to contact support -
    https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
  • Isai
    I unplug the power cable by accident and now the internet is not coming back and the chat support doesn't show up on mobile.
  • Yelena
    Yelena Posts: 1,861 ✭✭
    You should have the internet back after plugging in the cable. It takes about 10 minutes for all the required lights to turn on.
  • Isai
    I plug and unplug the cable again and after 20 min I still don't have internet
  • SittingRam
    SittingRam Posts: 320 ✭✭
    Did your payment go through?
    Have you changed credit cards
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Verify if your cable is properly connected to your modem.
  • Isai
    One hour and still not internet and I can't reach customer support. I even tried sending a message on Facebook and nobody respond
  • Chris K. #7521
    Chris K. #7521 Posts: 486 ✭✭
    If none of the lights are on then the coaxial is probably not connected properly. Unscrew and re-screw it back in. Make sure it is connected properly.
  • Annick M. #1972
    Annick M. #1972 Posts: 328 ✭✭
    Can you please choose the best answer? It will close the discussion. Thanks
  • vanigh
    vanigh Posts: 328 ✭✭
    If there is a Reset button try to reset it, you may have to enter your username password...
  • jeedey
    jeedey Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Try to reset the modem. Else, contact customer support.
  • Sanjay
    Sanjay Posts: 40 ✭✭
    try unplugging with 5 minutes and see if everything starts
  • Gualberto
    Gualberto Posts: 340 ✭✭
    Problem.solved ?
This discussion has been closed.