Fixed/Frozen plan prices with Fizz?

It appears there are no fixed plan prices with Fizz. So whatever “plan” price we choose (after stabilization), Fizz will not freeze that price for as long as it is never changed or adjusted. Is it correct that they can increase the plan price at any time?

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭

Fizz has to stay competitive, but price changes cannot be ruled out.

They are able to offer lower prices by keeping their costs down.

One aspect of this is customer service. They do not offer a call centre which helps to keep costs lower.

At the same time, they offer live chat which is great because it can work out to be more efficient for both parties.

• Sanjay
    Sanjay Posts: 40 ✭✭
    depends when you subscribed to the service
  • Scott S. #12626
    Scott S. #12626 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Thanks everybody for the feedback. I am aware of the Stabilization period. I was asking about Fizz' policy about freezing a plan price, assuming I do not adjust or change it in the future. For example, I am currently with Koodo and my $40 price will be frozen for as long as I want it. Koodo will never increase the price on me. It appears Fizz will not make the same commitment to freeze plan prices once chosen by a customer. A commitment to remain "competitive" is not reassuring, considering all carriers will raise their prices in the future. Currently, I cannot get the identical $40 plan with Koodo any longer. You can argue they are still competitive. This open ended price increase possibility is the only reason I did not switch to Fizz. I'll keep my $40 plan.
This discussion has been closed.