Can data be gifted to people before their first cycle with data begins?

Options
Cronos
Cronos Posts: 8 ✭✭
In case the title is confusing, read carefully:
Right now, you can't gift data to friends with no data as part of their mobile plan's subscription. But if they add data to their plan (for the next cycle), is it necessary to wait until their next cycle begins before gifting them data?
My guess is "no", because they could cancel at any time before their next cycle with the data begins, but I'm curious.

Answers

• Code_KRUEW
    Code_KRUEW Posts: 400 ✭✭
    Options
    It definitely does not work. I changed my son's account to add data recently and I was not able to gift him data until the data package became active on the renewal date.
  • Code_KRUEW
    Options
    I've tried this scenario. I changed my son's account to add data recently and I was not able to gift him data until the data package became active.
  • Code_KRUEW
    Options
    You have to wait for the data to be activated before you can gift the data. I have tried this with my son's account
  • Cronos
    Cronos Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options
    Odd, there was a different error before relating specifically to the lack of a plan, but I don't know if my friend was at least able to add me as a contact. After all, I can add myself as a contact! Thanks for your efforts.
This discussion has been closed.