Thanh D.
Thanh D. Posts: 3 ✭✭
whenever i get notification from RBC the text is unreadable
for example :

$"ìò)ehIØΠ
æΔdJ£!¥ùøΠ0¿@_@dX7m¿Q+ùDΛ!C¡Æ*GnÆΔeLΘ+6øÑ:é¡4
ΛÇø.¡èΦ'.Θ:-ha#ì¤Δ)R
QzΦ(Ξ2eZPCGÅH IòΩ
and i know for a fact this is coming from RBC because whenever I do some transaction on the web it sends me sms for confirmation

Answers

• Thanh D.
    Thanh D. Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options
    The phone itself is in english
    Pixel 1 mostly default setting at this point in time
  • Code_KRUEW
    Code_KRUEW Posts: 400 ✭✭
    Options
    I get the same thing. So far it has only been RBC. Before joining Fizz RBC texts were fine. RBC texts were not working on Fizz until last week and all messages from this short number is unreadable. I have not reported this to fizz yet.
  • gerber
    gerber Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem and it is clearly a Fizz problem.
    Same messages work fine on my wife's Rogers phone.
  • Christopher C. 3262
    Christopher C. 3262 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem. It must be related to the never ending issue of sms and 2.factor authentication messages that are not delivered by fizz from several companies, (Microsoft, Google, etc...). My guess is that fizz has to handle some sort of SMS encryption from certain companies, and they lack the ability to do this, so SMS from these companies do not go through. It would seem that fizz is sending through the encrypted raw messages from RBC or incorrectly decrypting the messages. Either way, messages received from RBC short code 722258 are just scrambled characters. This is just an educated guess, but it is what I will assume is the issue, since fizz have not actually explained their reason for not being able to fix this after months and months of the problem being known. This week I had to 2-factor authenticate for WhatsApp, Google, and Microsoft, and I was not able to receive any sms messages, had to have them call me and listen to the author codes being read out. This is an absolutely ridiculous situation to be in and Fizz seems to not be taking this issue seriously, they even list the status of the service as having no issues, when clearly they know this is an ongoing issue.
  • Reileen
    Reileen Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same issue, before switching to Fizz I was with Bell and the RBC transaction notification texts were received in a good format. I have the same phone as before and did no changes in any of my settings.
  • Mark M. #5664
    Mark M. #5664 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. Before switching to Fizz, texts from RBC came through normally. After switching, they're completely garbled.
  • Michel S. 4167
    Michel S. 4167 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue here, I called RBC, they said this is a known issue with Fizz and on the Fizz side. They need to a)sack the developers and integrators or b)hire more or c) copy paste the Videotron infrastructure (less likely as too expensive). I rolled out 6 wireless operators in my career and 2 MVNOs, and boy for an operator that has deep pockets and so little subscribers guess less than 100k, 6 month is more than enough to do a proper rollout.. especially that all the plans are prepaid
  • gerber
    gerber Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options
    Hello again, just to say that the problem was fixed 2 days ago !
This discussion has been closed.