I transferred my number from Fido 3 days ago and nothing seems to have changed?

Thomas J. #4692
Thomas J. #4692 Posts: 5 ✭✭
I transferred my number 3 days ago from Fido. Nothing seems to have changed. The new SIM works but it has no phone number associated with it (I can use Data, make calls, but nobody can reach me... no idea how that's possible).
My old SIM from Fido still works and is reachable with my number. My Fizz account shows my number, but I can't look at usage or anything else.
I didn't get any messages, emails or calls saying the transfer has either failed or succeeded... and my Fido account is still active.
What now?!

Answers

• Patrick M. 16085
    Patrick M. 16085 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    I've moved to Lucky Mobile 4 days ago. the transfer worked i'm using the new chip, with my old number from my fizz account. but my fizz account is still active. and being charged. the end of my blling cycle was friday, I moved Wednesday. Lucky got my number transfered without issue.
    My account on fizz is still active, I've messaged Fizz 3 times since, once on wednesday in a chat bubble as i was making the transfer, and asked when i moved would i be charged again at the end of my billing cycle, the customer services rep said i would not be charged again, but friday, my date for roll over, the charge went through to my bank, currently pending.
    Twice since then i've tried to contact them, and have gotten no reply.
    They're normally replying to me within a day. so 3 days of silence is very disturbing. they stated many times to me before, that their customer services is 100% online, 24/7 so they should have a weekend team working on these issues.
    Get into live chat and/ or screen shot any messages you send them and any reply you get. use this with your bank and the CCTS.
    I cannot remove my credit card from my now deactivated account. - and they continue to charge me.
  • Ryan B. #977
    Ryan B. #977 Posts: 93 ✭✭
    since Fizz is a prepaid service, even if you unsubscribe the account will remain "active" until the end of the cycle. I found that when I unsubscribed my account that it remained active for quite a while until they finally cancelled it.
  • Thomas J. #4692
    Thomas J. #4692 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    The transfer went through Monday morning (today!) successfully. It seems it took longer than usual for some reason, but everything works fine now (except some 2FA issues).
This discussion has been closed.