Unable to receive Text from other carriers?

Options
Jared
Jared Posts: 7 ✭✭
Hi,
Ported over to Fizz yesterday from Videotron. Everything processed correctly and i have access to most of the Fizz services except i dont receive incoming text from other mobile providers. i can receive and send out calls and send out text.
I have set up the APN manually and rebooted my phone multiple times.
I have also verified the SMSC number.
I noticed that if my colleague with Fizz texts me, i get the text. When my friends/family from another Carrier(Fido, Telus, Bell) text me, i never receive it.
I have contacted Fizz support and they said a ticket will be created on my behalf.
Just wanted to know if others have similar experience when porting over.
Thanks,

Answers

• Hichem B. #564
    Hichem B. #564 Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Options
    For me everytinbg is good , this is the right think you did , but try also to reconnect to the network
  • willco
    willco Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options
    I had a case where messaging wasn't working properly between a few of my contacts who are with other carriers. The issue was that I wouldn't receive sent notifications for some of my texts which left me questioning if the other person received my texts or not.
  • Angela Q. #4167
    Angela Q. #4167 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options
    What ticket??? How do I get that. My phone broke so I had to change my phone and now I’m unable to send or receive texts unless I have wi fi
  • Jared
    Jared Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options
    You have to contact their support through Facebook or the livechat bubble. They had to reopen my 3 times before finally fixing it. Not sure what the issue was.
This discussion has been closed.