Power LED, blue upload and download lights (faint) faint red light near bottom

Options
joshua kirkland
joshua kirkland Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Internet
No WIFI - No LEDS on modem except Power and two faint blue LEDS behind upload and download LEDS

Answers

• DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
    Options
    Insert pin tip, do a reset, then connect by wifi and redo setup.
  • joshua kirkland
    Options
    Have tried factory reset - modem reset - replaced all cables, had Videotron here twice to check connectivity and coaxial socket
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,747 ✭✭
    Options
    I will try to disconnect the coax cable and reset the modem.
    After I will try to see if the wifi and the led are back as normal.
    If not you cannot do match only contact the support, since the tech. is only check the videotron cable.
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    Modem reset to factory will change admin login password to "password".
    If you don't have WIFI after factory reset that means your modem/router is broken.
  • joshua kirkland
    Options
    I totally agree that the modem is broken - see pdf attached of convo with CS - I have unsubscribed with no refund at this point and according to Fizz it's impossible that the modem is broken
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    Fizz customer representative are not well trained to handle first level of support unfortunately.
  • Adriana Z.
    Adriana Z. Posts: 100 ✭✭
    Options
    Try this
    Open a web browser and visit 192.168.0.1.
    Sign in using the following credentials:
    Username: Cusadmin
    Password: password (or your easy connect Wi-Fi password)
    Choose one of the following options:
    Reboot Device – This will restart the modem.
    Factory Reset – This will reset the modem back to its factory default settings.
    YOUR PASSWORD IS IN THE BACK OF THE MODEM
  • JessAnderson
    JessAnderson Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Regarding the LED lights on the modem, it's normal to have only the power and upload/download lights. As for the faint blue LEDS, they indicate data transmission, but it's strange that they're faint. Maybe the modem needs a firmware update or a reset. On a different note, I recently checked out https://ledmontreal.com/led-gadgets-party-accessories/ and found some cool LED gadgets and party accessories. I think they have some interesting products that might interest you. Check it out and let me know what you think!

This discussion has been closed.