How to Fix Failed Phone Activation?

Options
Lake
Lake Posts: 2 ✭✭
Scenario: I set up account A and phone A, including number transfer from Rogers. Everything worked fine for two days. Being a happy customer, I then set up account B and phone B (different email address, number, etc). I then tried to transfer second number from Rogers. Unfortunately, I mis-typed the Rogers account number when transferring number B. The system sent user B an email, saying please enter the correct Rogers account. I did so, BUT it applied the transferred number to phone A!
I believe this happened because of some saved credentials in my browser, because it never asked me to login to Fizz when entering my corrected Rogers account number. Thus somehow it assumed the number was being assigned to account A / phone A, even though the error correction was related to account B / phone B.
So now user A has user B's phone number, and user B's phone status says "unknown number". I can't see any way to fix this from here. Who do a call for support on this kind of issue?

Answers

• Anne H. #1344
    Anne H. #1344 Posts: 648 ✭✭
    Options
    One of my card was not fully activated. Contact fizz, they did left for me.took 3 days.
  • Lake
    Lake Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    Original poster here -- it turns out that I was mistaken and the problem was not as I described. It was a combination of phone B still being locked to Telus*, and an update to the phone A carrier settings that coincidentally arrived at the same time.
    I went back into the status settings for account B, found the notification about the invalid Rogers account, and redid the correction. A few minutes later phone B had the correct settings.
    Sorry for the false report...
    *I had bought a new plain vanilla phone from Loblaws as phone B. There is a tiny blurb about a Telus SIM being included, but I didn't realize this (still) meant the phone was locked to Telus. I thought that was over years ago. Anyway, Telus was very cooperative about unlocking it, so not a problem in the end.
  • Jonathan C. 2531
    Jonathan C. 2531 Posts: 175 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Lake, the locking thing is done with but if you manage to get one that's old stock then it can still be locked. A good lesson for anyone else picking up an unloved vanilla phone from Loblaws...these things aren't big sellers and could require an unlock from the original carrier. Thanks for sharing your solution!
This discussion has been closed.